Impacting the Community
Using our powers for good, not evil.
As members of the advertising community, we are in a unique position to help bring awareness to causes that make Louisville strong. As opportunities arise for our club and membership to use their powers for good, we help to foster those connections, whether it’s through collecting donations for local charities, providing scholarships, mentorships, or other ways we can solve community concerns by applying the communication skills of our members.
In 2013, the American Advertising Federation-Louisville launched the Public Service Media Project, a program designed to promote a local nonprofit and help them achieve their goals.
Public Service Committee
Volunteering with the Public Service Committee allows you to network with some of the best in the advertising industry AND give back to the community. The 2018-2019 club year will see us continue to promote individuals who do incredible volunteer work in our community and partner with wonderful non-profits to help them fulfill their missions. Some of the non-profits we have helped include: Dress for Success, LIBA, Best Buddies of Louisville, Center for Women and Families, Food Literacy Project, Backside Learning Center, The de Paul School, First Tee of Louisville, Peace Ed, Dare to Care and many more.
- Execute the Dream Team and Public Service Media Project
- Highlight a member who does public service in our Public Service spotlight
- Work with local non-profits to help our members give back to the community with the Helping Hands project
- Plan our Public Works event honoring public service marketing and advertising
WHO WE NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Passionate about giving back
- Willingness to coordinate efforts with non-profits
- Willingness to recruit and manage volunteers