The Event Specialist is focused on event-related marketing disciplines including but not limited to brand awareness, face-to-face promotions, event management and planning, marketing content creation, and administrative tasks.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Event Specialist is focused on event-related marketing disciplines including but not limited to brand awareness, face-to-face promotions, event management and planning, marketing content creation, and administrative tasks. The Events Specialist would be responsible for supporting department goals by increasing lead generation and developing event effectiveness. Provide additional support to the marketing team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years of experience in event planning, promotions management, and/or marketing coordination
- Proven ability in planning, organizing, prioritizing and using independent judgment to complete all assignments
- Highly self-directed; able to work independently, meet deadlines and make decisions with little to no direction and under pressure
- Must be able to haul, set up materials and equipment for meetings, shows and events including lifting 50 pounds or more and safely operate a full size cargo van
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate with team members, customers, and vendors - strong communication and phone skills are a must
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge in design software (Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress) and HTML for website applications or willingness to learn
- Oversee planning, production and execution of events hosted or attended by Whayne Supply, Walker Machinery, or additional BOYD companies (large corporate events, small customer events, ticketed entertainment events, and tradeshows)
- Serve as event project manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, event promotion and registration, printing and shipping, budget management, related travel arrangements, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.; working with the event owner on speaker identification, content creation, collateral and swag creation, etc.; on-site duties include ensuring proper set-up and signage, registration coordination, AV testing, speaker management, time management, etc.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, branch teams, upper management and manufactures to achieve business goals via event marketing
- Work with hotels, caterers and rental companies to ensure all needed materials and assets are in place for events.
- Travel to event location(s) and perform setup and teardown, 25-50% travel
- Maintain and organize marketing and events data (event calendars, budget, event survey, ROI, attendee lists, etc.)
- Maintain marketing materials for events (i.e. collateral, banners, giveaways, etc.)
- Work in CRM and assist with maintenance of customer record contact database
- Assist with intranet content management
- Create and develop PowerPoint presentations, internal communications, and sales support materials
- Assist with creation and distribution of marketing deliverables (flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Provide administrative assistance within Solutions Marketing department
- Ability to work and communicate with outside vendors and negotiate contracts
- Recommend to manager ideas to improve the departments operating procedures or business practices and participate in and support continuous improvement of all related activities and processes
- Project a positive image by interacting with fellow employees, customers, and management in a cooperative, supportive, and courteous manner; display a professional attitude; comply with company dress code
- Create and maintain good communications (verbally and in writing) and relationships with other Company departments, branches, employees, outside vendors, and customers by addressing and resolving concerns quickly
- Follow all work and safety rules, and procedures
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
Apply Link: https://whayneemployment.com/JobDesc.asp?JobID=183&LocationID=19
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org