Head of Design
Our employer is an exciting design agency start up with a major client already acquired. They are seeking a Head of Design to join the executive management team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur employer is an exciting design agency start up with a major client already acquired. They are seeking a Head of Design to join the executive management team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. This senior position will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the design and creative output, ensuring design and creative deliverables are aligned with client expectations and executed with budget and timescales. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, you will be required to develop visual designs and be responsible for recruiting multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as internal design resources. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve efficiency of the design and creative department.
- Managing the design team and freelancers as required.
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs.
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for clients brand and creative projects.
- Commercial accountability through accurate scoping and quoting of work.
- Develop and manage productivity and continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities.
- Ensuring that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget ensuring commercial success.
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.
- Establishing and developing best practice with the design and creative team.
- Working with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against deadlines. Be a point of contact for liaising with external suppliers.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects. Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail is important.
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees.
- Vast experience with software including PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Previous experience in an agency environment is essential.
- At least five years experience in a senior designer role including concept development and client contact.
- Proven track record in creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production.
An excellent package is on offer along with the opportunity to work for this interesting startup.
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org