Increase public awareness and attendance of Old Forester’s Paristown Hall performances and special events through the development and implementation of effective marketing, advertising and promotions activities.
JOB DESCRIPTION1. Supports the mission, vision, values and standards of behavior of The Kentucky Center organization.
2. Exhibits effective communication skills including proper use of The Kentucky Center’s communication systems.
3. Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
4. Effectively manages financial and physical resources to achieve the mission of the organization.
LEADERSHIP: Responsible for representing the organization in a professional manner and providing staff with a positive role model.
1. Place media buys, seek out media sponsorships and in-kind donations; secure promotional partnerships; develop marketing strategy (traditional and digital)
2. Communicate with Artist Management and Production Simple (primary booking agent) on developing and executing marketing strategies
3. Curate and create engaging content for Old Forester’s Paristown Hall social media
4. Schedule and oversee production of advertising materials with Graphic Designer
5. Write and oversee copy for Old Forester’s Paristown Hall presentation and events
6. Runs media campaigns for rental clients as requested
7. Create and manage show marketing budgets
8. Approve all media billing and generate purchase orders for routing
9. Oversee preparation of marketing expenses and documentation for settlement procedure
10. Oversee participation in and proactively seek opportunities to promote Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
11. Populate area community calendars with Old Forester’s Paristown Hall programming content
12. Seek out and coordinate staffing for booth presence at community events (i.e.-Waterfront Wednesday)
13. Create/Coordinate PR opportunities with artist management, Tandem PR company, and local media
14. Build and maintain relationships with local media and community influencers
15. Develop grassroots marketing strategies for both artist events and venue brand awareness
SERVICE ORIENTATION: Strives to meet or exceed expectation in the delivery of services and contributes to enhancing the quality of the work environment.
1. Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
2. Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
3. Establishes high standards and measures; is able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time and inspects work for flaws; tests new methods thoroughly; considers excellence a fundamental priority.
4. Engage people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and delivering results. Mobilize teams, building momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently, investing time and energy to engage the whole organization. Use negotiation skills and adaptability to encourage recognition of joint concerns, collaboration, and to influence the success of outcomes.
5. Follow and lead across boundaries to engage broad-based stakeholders, partners, and customers in a shared agenda and strategy.
TEAMWORK: Effectively works with other members of the team, drawing on all resources to achieve common goals or solve a problem. Promotes teamwork as a way to generate positive and creative results.
1. Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures
2. Able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers and managers; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project
3. Works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups
4. Coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships; when appropriate facilitates discussion before decision-making process is complete.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Manages resources such as time, expenses, supplies, labor etc.
1. Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
2. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
3. Works with digital team to feed and track social media initiatives.
4. Updates event listings in key local web calendars (Metro, Louisville Tourism, etc).
5. Represents and coordinates Kentucky Center representatives at offsite functions, fairs and events.
COMMUNICATION: Demonstrates effective written and oral communications that engage internal and external audiences, and assures staff is kept well informed of organizational issues and plans.
1. Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation
2. States own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions
3. Explains reasoning behind own opinions; asks others for their opinions and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding
4. Exercises a professional approach with others using for problems or opportunities in advance
5. Undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision
6. Creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
RESULTING ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
1. Ability to effectively communicate in all internal and external relationships for all essential job functions.
2. Above average skills in reading, writing and speaking English.
3. Ability to lift approximately (25 - 50) pounds unassisted using appropriate lifting techniques and/or devices.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
5. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
6. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch.
EDUCATION, LICENSE and SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a marketing manager for an advertising, media, performing arts, tv, radio, nonprofit, or PR agency with multiple concurrent projects required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of the marketing team and multiple cross-functional project teams.
• Knowledge of and experience in Tessitura helpful.
• Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects, work within short time frames and meet deadlines.
• Well-organized with ability to multi-task, time management, and high attention to detail.
Apply Link: http://www.kentuckycenter.org/about/careers