Media Planner & Buyer
United we create. Fieldtrip is looking for a Media Planner & Buyer to contribute to all stages of the media campaign.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe ideal candidate is eager to contribute insights and inspirations at all stages of the campaign including research and strategic planning. Distributing the work of other team members through media channels is a big responsibility but as a passionate media advocate, you don't stay inside the traditional boundaries of a media buyer. This position is responsible for their assigned clients’ media needs with supervision from the Media Manager and is expected to maximize the media investment.
- Work with Media Manager, digital buyer, and account managers to set client budgets and plans.
- Plan, negotiate and buy traditional media for assigned agency clients.
- Assist Media Manager in various client and agency media projects and research.
- Present plans and media opportunities to clients or the account team.
- Evaluate vendor proposals.
- Explore and evaluate opportunities and developments in the media world.
- Project and estimate audience ratings.
- Steward schedules for placement upgrades, pre-emptions, makegoods, traffic, and delivery updates.
- Reconcile vendor invoices, negotiating credits, and make goods when necessary.
- Produce and reconcile post-buy analysis for broadcast television; negotiating and monitoring make-up schedules and their no-charge invoices.
- Learn and explore continuously in all media areas, including digital tactics to expand personal and team skills.
- Maintain fair and honest relationships with our media partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with an interest in marketing or media advertising is a plus.
- 3 - 4 years of experience with media in an advertising agency or related company.
- Exhibit strategic thinking and understand media trends and strategy from a high-level approach.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to making the team stronger.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and keen organizational skills.
- Cognizant of deadlines and efficient time management.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and seamlessly move from one project to another.
- Display interest and enthusiasm for the position, company, and industry.
- Proactive ownership of responsibilities.
- Motivated to learn and advance.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Strata buying software.
- Entry-level digital media buying and strategy experience is a plus.
Our Core Values
- Stay Curious.
- Listen First.
- Rally Up.
- Create Adventure.
- Keep It Humble.
- Lead With Grit.
To determine whether your qualifications and experience match our job opening, grade yourself
on a scale of 1 to 5 on the following job requirements. A score of 5 indicates extensive
experience with several examples and testimonies from peers and supervisors. An honest, not
perfect score is expected.
1. Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or similar degree. _____
2. Exceptional attention to detail and analysis skills. _____
3. Strong creative team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. _____
4. Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and resolve problems. _____
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. _____
6. Proven ability to manage many projects at once in a fast-paced environment. _____
7. Minimum of 2- 4 years working within an advertising or digital agency environment. _____
8. Possess a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and take the initiative. _____
9. Proficient with MS Office and G Suite. _____
Now total your score. Include it and the answer to this question in your cover letter. What's the
newest thing you’ve learned? Send your resume and these answers in your cover letter to
Unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
Casual dress code
In-office and remote schedule
Continuing education and Field Days
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org