Membership & Communications Manager
The AIA is seeking a Membership & Communications Manager to increase and engage members in AIA at all levels while strengthening the reach and professionalism of the organization’s communications.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Aviation Insurance Association (AIA) is an international association, representing almost 600 members in the US, Canada, and Europe. The AIA is seeking a Membership & Communications Manager to increase and engage members in AIA at all levels while strengthening the reach and professionalism of the organization’s communications. This position has an opportunity to engage and retain current members, recruit new members through innovative and creative marketing efforts, and refine messaging. This position is also responsible for the development of all marketing and communication initiatives for the association in support of the Executive Director.
- Work with the Membership Committee to refine membership benefits, identify prospects, and develop recruitment campaigns to grow the membership.
- Responsible for planning and executing member engagement initiatives, membership development programs, and member retention events.
- Manage the day-to-day activities related to association membership management including, but not limited to, working with the AI member services team to answer membership questions, ensuring the value of membership is growing and communicated and connecting with members to understand their needs.
- Responsible for the development and execution of surveys to assess member satisfaction, engagement, and volunteer recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate internal and external communications with membership and key stakeholders.
- Create marketing and promotional communications for AIA programs, events, and conferences.
- Oversee the management of the quarterly BINDER magazine including creation and management of timelines for design, editorial and distribution to membership.
- Support the planning and execution of AIA annual conference including evaluation of marketing messages to promote the event.
- Develop an editorial calendar which effectively and consistently provides communication to members and contacts across multiple channels including social media, email marketing, and the website.
- Maintain content of AIA website and social media channels.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed or directed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification from an accredited institution in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Three years+ professional work experience in a marketing communications role.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and organization skills. Design experience a plus.
- Ability to work in an office setting but disciplined enough for remote work when necessary.
- Ability to easily travel to Louisville and/or Lexington for in-person collaboration.
- Position may require extended hours, including evenings and weekends, travel to multiple work sites and occasional out of town travel.
Email resume and salary requirements to Alex Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Apply Link: https://associationsinternational.com/careers/
Email Resume: email@example.com