Responsible for product mgmt/planning/execution throughout product lifecycles, including: gathering & prioritizing product/customer requirements, defining the product vision, working to ensure customers’ problems are solved & business goals are met.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Product Manager will be responsible for leading projects that are unique, in terms of how they are managed and brought to market, keeping inclusive design at the core of what they do. One of APH’s most impactful and bestselling products, “Code Jumper”, will be the successful candidate’s first and primary project, ensuring its continued success, as we expand into new markets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define product vision, strategy, and road maps.
- Act as product’s champion, both internally and externally, serving as primary media contact, lead for training activities, as well as primary contact for major partners, such as Microsoft.
- With a solid understanding of collaboration, engage with the field, including partner vendors to balance and leverage partnership opportunities, with the goal of providing innovative and inclusive new products.
- Using “Voice of Customer” principles, solicit product feedback and ideas from customers and experts using various product research methods.
- With a solid understanding of project management principles and methodologies, define the product scope, develop and adhere to project timelines, and manage the scope of projects and development costs.
- Successfully manage products throughout the products’ lifecycles, making informed decisions on when to refresh and/or retire products.
- Track mainstream market trends, and analyze competition to ensure APH’s products are competitive, innovative and for the classroom and beyond.
- Analyze the competitive landscape, provide feedback to help in developing and maintaining product roadmaps, and define changing user scenarios.
- Analyze ongoing sales information and trends to inform product strategy both nationally and internationally.
- Ensure all products are within safety and compliance guidelines set by APH.
- Write clear product use cases, work collaboratively across APH and partner resources to ensure those use cases are understood and developed into specifications according to user needs.
- Represent APH at conferences through attendance, presentations, webinars, etc.
- Work with international partners and distribution networks to increase APH’s brand and product recognition globally.
- Work with our fundraising team, when appropriate to help identify potential sources of funding.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred. May substitute education for 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Must have knowledge of project management.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic sales and marketing concepts.
- Must have demonstrated success in defining and launching products that meet and exceed business expectations.
- Must have a passion for creating high quality, innovative, and inclusive products and experiences.
- The candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be familiar with modern UX design principles.
- Must be knowledgeable of basic educational principles and concepts.
- Must show experience in leading teams, including being able to communicate, compromise, and work across departmental lines while ensuring successful completion of projects.
- Must have experience with product development and familiarity with the stage-gate process.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for providing innovative and inclusive products to the blind and visually impaired on a global scale.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- A solid understanding of international business a plus.
- Must be willing to travel 3-4 weeks per year.
If you have trouble accessing the application through ADP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-899-2240.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Apply Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4f6dba69-fbac-41bc-b32c-9571e45ff7a4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=406048&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Email Resume: email@example.com