Public Relations Account Executive
The Public Relations Account Executive monitors, supports and coordinates the day-to-day agency efforts assigned client/project. They are responsible for the account systems (administrative, budget, traffic, production) that support client public relations.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPublic Relations Account Executive (September 2021)
Monitor, support and coordinate the day-to-day agency efforts for each assigned client/project. Responsible for the account support systems (administrative, budget, traffic, production).
The day-to-day role involves three key areas:
• Manages media monitoring service along with related dashboards and reports. Produces and manages media lists and other contact databases.
• Generates ideas and develops point-of-view on PR objectives and strategies as part of department team.
• Assists in liaison role with Account Services, Account Planning, Accounting and Media on assigned projects. Keeps team informed of status/next steps.
• Tracks projects/jobs through internal traffic system from concept to completion.
• Assists in development of agency plans; provides ideas, business analysis and background information to team members.
• Assists in writing news releases, advisories, memos and other business communication.
• Manages outreach to media when requested.
• Helps develop in-depth review of client business.
• Monitors competitive environment. Reports on key category developments, media expenditures and competition.
• Brings unsolicited ideas to the client and internal account teams.
• Identifies and pursues “new” business opportunities from existing clients/projects. Generates leads for agency new business.
• Works with other internal disciplines (social media, creative, planning) as needed in the development and execution of PR initiatives.
• Prepares client/job status reports.
• Responsible on assigned projects for client presentations, call reports and follow-up actions.
• Prepares assessments of competitive expenditures and campaigns.
• Backs up Account Manager in documenting client meetings with service reports and keeping “agency team” abreast of account developments.
• Effective communication skills – oral and written.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Ability to manage day-to-day projects and coordinate team efforts.
• Ability to make decisions and to accept responsibility for their outcomes.
• Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Louisville, Ky., area.
Report to: Director of Public Relations
Qualified individuals may submit their credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hometown since 1915 was recently dubbed “the new Austin.” We’re not sure what that means, but we’ll take it as a compliment. We like to think of Louisville as the place where Southern hospitality begins but Midwestern common sense and practicality stick around. It’s a blend of the best of both cultures. And speaking of culture, we’ve long been known for having one of the country’s most dynamic art scenes. Over the past decade, our food scene has caught up, with Louisville becoming recognized as one of the leaders in the farm-to-table movement. Oh, and did we mention bourbon? Mix in with a low cost of living and an ease of getting around. Stir well. Enjoy.
You know the cliché about a company being “like a family?” Well, sometimes clichés become clichés because they’re true. In the case of Doe-Anderson, you would be joining an organization that’s been nurturing careers (and the people attached to them) for well over a century. We like to think it’s because you can carve your own path here, supported by management and your peers. We try hard to keep the corporate politics to a minimum and the self-reliance to the max. That may be why almost half our employees are shareholders in the company – and why people tend to stick around nearly three times the ad agency average. There’s something about the place that makes it hard to leave.
At Doe-Anderson, we have a long history of creating work that, well, works. To do this, we strive to reflect the world we live in and speak to every day. Building belief in brands begins with believing in and celebrating one another as individual members of a diverse and inclusive team.
We will never disqualify a potential team member based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or veteran or disability status.
Apply Link: https://www.doeanderson.com/careers/public-relations-account-executive
Email Resume: email@example.com