WHAS 11 is looking for highly skilled artistic video journalist who can create exciting and shareable content for television, social media and mobile.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe want video journalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest videography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools such as microwave, satellite, and backpack operations.
In this role, you will:
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms through artistic, outstanding shooting and editing that evokes emotion and tells compelling stories.
- Maintain standard of brand excellence by shooting NPPA style, award-winning level of photography with composition, clean audio, use of light, and steadiness.
- Cover breaking, general, sport, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Use various lighting techniques and equipment to enhance on-air product and visual presentation.
- Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story.
- Individually gather character driven stories while capturing environmental sound and elements to produce natural sound packages.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from locations and set up live shots.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Write and post all daily on all digital platforms through use of social media.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- 2 to 4 years of photojournalist experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and microwave/satellite truck operations.
- Proven ability to shoot eye-catching, content-driven live shots and packages.
- Demonstrated news judgment, superb photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter an Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe Premiere and Axis graphics.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JajshurJ