Broadcast IT Technician
The Broadcast IT Technician is responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the technical infrastructure at WHAS-TV in Louisville, Kentucky. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Technology Manager(TM).
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are a Broadcast Television station searching for an exceptional Broadcast IT Technician to join our Engineering Staff.
The Broadcast IT Technician is responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the technical infrastructure at WHAS-TV in Louisville, Kentucky. This position is responsible for the integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Technology Manager(TM). The position will support broadcast-centric software and hardware as well as traditional desktop and file and print services. He/she will respond quickly to provide technical support for news, sales, and other content production operations.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment.
- Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations including the studio and transmitter facilities.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Support telecommunications systems including business telephone switches, PRI, VOIP, carrier Ethernet, and other telecommunications technology.
- Experience with Broadcast Automation, Graphics, Editors, Switchers, Routers, Audio Consoles, etc.
- Have experience with or knowledge of Windows 2008-2012 Server, and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, network rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Other duties as directed.
Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers.
Work closely with the Technology Manager (TM) and with corporate IT support. He/She will effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
BA/BS in Computer Science or IT / Broadcasting related degree.
Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies, and Microsoft's Active Directory environment.
Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience. Cisco Certification a PLUS.
Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
This is a Union Position and requires membership in IBEW.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Link: http://www.whas11.com
Email Resume: email@example.com