AAF-Louisville is excited to offer our Diversity Scholarship to a qualified rising Junior or Senior for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see details of our scholarship below and submit your application by June 1, 2021.
Initial requirements for the scholarship
- Students in an associate’s degree or technical certification program with a minimum of 30 credit hours complete at the time of application. As well as, junior- or senior-level students in a four-year degree program with a minimum of 60 credit hours complete at the time of application.
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (most recent transcript required)
- A resident of the state of Kentucky or Clark, Floyd, or Harrison counties of Indiana
- Pursuing a college major, degree, or certificate, relating to advertising or marketing communications (including communications, mass communications, journalism, advertising, public relations, marketing, business communications, graphic arts, computer design, multi-media, and English) with the intent of pursuing a career in the field.
To apply, please submit a completed AAFLouisville Scholarship application and required materials outlined no later than June 1.
- A resume showing interest, activities, and pertinent experience
- A letter of nomination/recommendation from a faculty member (this can be emailed to email@example.com by the faculty member). Must be received by June 1.
- A certified copy of the student’s academic transcript (current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher)
Diversity Scholarship Applicants: A typed essay (500-word maximum) that should tell us something about yourself. It should also reveal your understanding of and need for a more diverse and inclusive workforce for the benefit of the community and the Louisville advertising and communications industry.
Bud Ballard Scholarship – We will not be offering the Bud Ballard Scholarship for 2021*: A typed essay (500-word maximum) that indicates why you are interested in a career in advertising; your career goals and aspirations; how you believe you can contribute to the industry; and how the scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
*AAF-Louisville is continuing to navigate significant financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of our activities have been impacted, including our scholarship program. We are simply not in a position to offer both scholarships this year. However, we are fortunate to be able to offer one scholarship.
With our commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion within the industry in mind, we have decided to continue the Diversity Scholarship for 2021. The intention of this scholarship is to empower underrepresented individuals with the financial resources they need to enter the marketing/communications industry. We do hope to offer both scholarships in 2022 and each year following.
All materials can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
PO Box 20728
Louisville, KY 40250
All materials sent by mail must be postmarked by June 1.
Failure to submit all required materials will result in the disqualification of the application.
Scholarship winners will be notified by June 15.
The AAF-Louisville Education Foundation Scholarships
AAF-Louisville is dedicated to the vibrancy and diversity of the advertising profession, and many of our programs and initiatives are focused on these goals. Each year, AAF-Louisville awards two $2,500 scholarships for students pursuing careers in an advertising-related field, with one specifically dedicated to minority students. The Bud Ballard and Diversity scholarships are supported by an endowment fund established in 1999, and are sustained through continued fundraising and donations.
Please help us support future leaders in advertising.
AAF-Louisville Education Endowment Fund Seed Capital Donors
The Foundation is an endowment fund of the Community Foundation of Louisville. This purpose is to award scholarships to promising students who are currently studying advertising or a related field and are committed to entering the industry. Special thanks to the generous Founders listed below. Their original donations helped make the scholarship program possible.