Director of Visual Media
The Director of Visual Media serves as a key content producer for visual media within the Office of Communications and Marketing.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
The Director of Visual Media serves as a key content producer for visual media within the Office of Communications and Marketing. Responsible for implementing an innovative and creative strategy for primarily video with some graphic design, the director will coordinate the development of dynamic visuals to strengthen and enhance the College’s brand, image and awareness.
As a passionate storyteller, this position will bring creative pieces - about people, programs, student life and research - to a variety of audiences. The director will be responsible for concepting, developing, scripting and producing video features that can be used in a variety of digital media platforms. The director will be responsible for developing creative designs for a variety of pieces - print publications, special-event materials, advertising, web, social media and other visual items - that communicate the College’s image and message to on- and off-campus constituencies.
Essential skills: Possess a sharp attention to detail and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects. Strong ability to conceptualize, design and create graphic interpretation and information to effectively maximize the College's brand.
• Create original content across video and graphic platforms
• Set up and operate all videography equipment
• Plan and execute video shoots throughout all stages
• Edit all original media content utilizing Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Illustrator)
• Manage and archive digital assets
• Manage equipment inventory
• Maintain a calendar of the College’s activities and produce videography or graphics in a timely manner to meet scheduled deadlines
Education required: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience required: Three (3) years of experience in videography and graphic design
• Demonstrated experience in the creation and production of original videography and graphic design.
• Demonstrated proficiency in video editing, visual effects, compositing and motion graphics.
• Advanced knowledge in the use of Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Illustrator)
• Demonstrated experience with DSLRs, studio lights, tripods, stabilizers, wired and wireless microphones, audio recorders and mixers
• Demonstrated experience in InDesign
• Ability to transport, set up, and operate various and heavy production equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Flexible schedule to accommodate for off-hours events and completing urgent projects.
• Demonstrated experience in still photography: portrait, candid, action, landscape, etc.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org