Marketing Agency Production and Traffic Manager
The Production and Traffic Manager will work with both the Account Services Team and the Creative Department to successfully deliver agency projects on time.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Works with Account Services team to open all agency jobs, make job jackets, and issue project briefs.
• Revises schedules and publishes for distribution to all departments. The T/PM is responsible for publishing a weekly production status report and a daily “Hot Sheet” listing most pressing jobs for the day and their current status, to ensure all departments are advised of schedules and job progress.
• Reviews daily work schedule with Creative Department and expedites all “crisis jobs.” However, most of the work should flow through production on a reasonable, scheduled basis.
• Notifies AE’s when it is necessary to contact clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects. Contacts clients directly only when requested to do so by AE/CD.
• Keeps account service informed about the current status of all jobs in progress in creative/production, with regular frequency, based on input from the CD.
• Closes job jackets when completed; sends to Accounting for verification then files, crossing off production schedule.
• Prepares production estimates based on briefings from Account Executives, and Account Coordinators.
• Ideally, obtains three competitive quotes on every outside buy from a range of quality vendors.
• Issues purchase orders for all outside buys for client projects and records, with invoices, on job jackets.
• Oversees quality control in conjunction with the Creative Department.
• Follows up with suppliers to be sure they will meet promised delivery dates.
• Checks invoices and settles billing discrepancies with suppliers, obtains approval from AE’s.
• Maintains contact with suppliers and keeps reference files for suppliers of various products and services.
• Obtains quotes from art and photo suppliers, freelancers, other vendors.
• Makes sure samples are delivered to client and agency for all completed jobs.
• Works with AE’s to obtain publications specifications and extensions when
• Coordinates scheduling of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines.
• Maintains all in-house client mechanicals/artwork and photo files and updated agency samples.
• Regulates time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with CD.
• Provides internally approved copy, layouts, etc. to AE’s for client approval.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university (preferably in marketing, advertising or related field)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Results oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliably and great energy
• Knowledge of marketing program development and implementation
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
• Functional expertise within Agency or in-house Creative 5+ years
• Project management 5+ years
• Production management 5+ years
Email Resume: email@example.com