Senior Director, Marketing, Communications and Engagement
The Jewish Community of Louisville represents the merged entity of the Jewish Community Center and the Jewish Federation of Louisville. With a passion for excellence in everything we do and a commitment to superior marketing and communications to our stakeholders, leadership, executive presence and strategic thought leadership are critical to the Jewish Community of Louisville’s role of Senior Director of Marketing, Communications and Engagement.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlease visit our website at www.jewishlouisville.org for more information.
Purpose and Description:
With core values and a culture of convening, engaging and promoting the Jewish Community in Louisville and all that it has to offer, we are passionate about the recruitment, selection, development and retention of superior team talent. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications and Engagement partners with key organization stakeholders including all members of the leadership team and external partners, including national organizations, to develop and execute comprehensive, integrated and elevating marketing and communications plans and programs. The Senior Director must be an experienced, strategic, creative, working leader that delivers and inspires team excellence.
With a focus on strategic, elevating and inspirational storytelling, marketing, communications and engagement, the Senior Director is a working leader responsible for leading, driving action and producing results in key areas including strategy development, writing and storytelling, community engagement, marketing, branding, public relations, operational and program support, workflow development and related function budgets. The Senior Director leads a team of direct reports that includes Marketing and Advertising Director, Photography and Social Media Coordinator, Graphic/Web Designer, and Editor of Community paper plus a part-time Manager of Community Advertising Sales. The Senior Director also has oversight over related vendor partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands on strategic leadership and direction to full Marketing team including development of aspirational and achievable goals for the function. Assign and support marketing and communications work as required to meet organization’s needs, deadlines and goals along with team productivity.
- Development and execution of strategic marketing and communications plans to increase and drive awareness of the Jewish Community of Louisville through integrated marketing, branding, public relations and engagement programs.
- Act as strategic communications thought leader and partner for President and CEO and other functional leaders ensuring consistent messaging to all audiences is developed, created and produced. Responsibilities include message development and creation, editing, presentation development, script writing, collateral development, etc. as necessary.
- Develop and manage marketing and communications budget for organization ensuring partnership with organization staff to efficiently plan and budget annually. As budget allows and work content requires, retain and manage third party vendor partners as necessary to deliver best in class work product.
- Develop and disseminate organization and related brands’ messages across multiple platforms and channels that include advertising, promotional materials, website, social and digital media, media relations, agency monthly newspaper. Ensure agency functional and team marketing and communications needs are met including timelines, workflow and event/program scheduling and development of related promotional items and materials.
- Assessment of prior campaigns, industry data, and relevant marketing, advertising and public relations trends to deliver innovative programs to all stakeholders based on the master strategic plans of the Jewish Community of Louisville. Review, revise and remove or add communications materials and programs as necessary to meet the needs of the agency and those it serves.
- Oversight of content development, editing and production of monthly newspaper including regular review and audit of communication purpose and platform ensuring new, innovative and relevant communications tools and channels are leveraged. Provide copywriting and editing leadership in support of manager accountable for newspaper and related collateral materials.
- Oversight of development, editing and updating, the Annual Report, event programs, guides and other marketing and collateral materials for the agency.
- Accountable for all agency publications for internal and external audiences and events, partnering with outside vendor to ensure excellence in fulfillment of all promotional items and materials.
- Accountable for presentations and marketing materials for agency events, delivering a best in class experience for participants. Accountable for start-to-finish planning, coordinating, execution and follow up of events including but not limited to work back and project calendars, task lists, and budget control and maintenance.
- Define, maintain and communicate agency brand standards. Ensure agency staff awareness of and adherence to brand standards and marketing protocol when promoting and publicizing events and programs. Accountable for development of agency library of marketing materials.
- Leverage Jewish, marketing, public relations and engagement learnings from national and international thought leaders and industry organizations to advance the communications and programs of the Jewish Community of Louisville.
- Act as agency spokesperson as required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations or business communications with at least 5 of those years in a leadership/team management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or related field required.
- Ability to convey accurate, detailed and complex messages in written and verbal communications. Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and experience across wide range of communications channels required.
- Ability to lead multiple and concurrent projects on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success leading web-based, digital and print marketing and communications programs including periodicals/newsletters.
- Projects a highly credible and polished image on behalf of the agency. Strong executive presence and experience working with all levels of leaders in an organization and community partners required.
- Excellent computer and office equipment skills including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be a strategic communications thought leader used to working in a high-functioning, results oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to develop creative approaches to communications challenges required.
- Pro-active mindset with demonstrated initiative in previous roles beyond core responsibilities.
Experience preferred but not required:
- Experience in marketing or public relations leadership in a not for profit, multi-disciplinary agency.
- Experience with organizational change and transition communications, marketing and stakeholder engagement.
- Familiarity with MAC OS and website design.
- Cultural competency with Judaism or Jewish culture.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as necessary.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, group life and AD&D, long term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Colonial Life Insurance voluntary plans, generous holidays, vacation, sick time off, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with employer match.
Apply Link: https://jewishlouisville.org/the-j/our-people/job-opportunities/
Email Resume: JCLLouMarketing@gmail.com