AAF-Louisville Statement on COVID-19 Safety Measures
Aug 6, 2020
To our members and guests,
AAF-Louisville is aware of, and fully understands, concerns regarding COVID-19 at this time. We are committed to hosting our Day at the Downs event in a safe and responsible way.
Since March, we have been in close communication with Churchill Downs as they navigate moving forward with a rescheduled Derby week in September. We are still planning to host an in-person event on September 2, 2020, but will be taking extra safety precautions and measures.
We have been closely monitoring federal, state, and local guidelines and recommendations including those outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Kentucky Governor’s Office.
Below are some of the precautions AAF, and Churchill Downs, are taking:
- Seating and tickets have been limited to allow for social distancing.
- At this time, masks will be required for all attendees.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key entrances and contact areas.
- Menu items will be covered and individually presented to guests instead of being served off of Chef’s tables.
- Housekeeping staff will ensure the cleaning and sanitation of frequently touched surfaces.
- Read more on Churchill Downs’ safety measures here.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we work through these challenges as an organization. We hope you will join us for Day at the Downs, one of our premier yearly events. If not in person, then in spirit, by raising a mint julep with us on the Wednesday before the Kentucky Derby.