The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The account executive is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. The account executive should not be asked to cold canvas for new business.
Reports to the account manager/director of account management.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Coordinates with interactive account executive to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in the client service field
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Resume: Kati@current360.com