WHAS11, a TEGNA Media Inc. Company, has an opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our sales team. We’re looking for a creative, driven, solutions-based seller eager to represent our vast range of broadcast and digital product offerings.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS11, a TEGNA Media Inc. Company, has an opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our sales team. We’re looking for a creative, driven, solutions-based seller eager to represent our vast range of broadcast and digital product offerings. A forward thinker that can immediately make an impact within the department.
Responsibilities: What we need:
- Consistently prospect for new business and pitch new ideas
- Manage and grow existing advertising account list
- Consistently uncover the needs of clients and have a deep understanding of how our broadcast and digital offerings can grow their business.
- Persistently seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active interest in learning about their business needs and competitive landscape.
- Set the vision and the strategy for how our products are equipped to reach their best potential customers whenever and wherever they’re consuming media.
- Build positive, lasting client relationships based on effectively achieving clients’ objectives.
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns.
- Take advantage of consumer insights to create first-class solutions backed by rationale to support recommendations.
- Positively and professionally represent the media group at all times.
- Achieve or exceed assigned revenue goals.
Requirements: What you need:
- College degree with minimum 2 years of media sales preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate with decision makers at all levels.
- Creativity. Ability to think “outside the box” and develop “big picture” solutions.
- Ability to negotiate with media buyers
- Ability to cold call and schedule meetings with “new” to the station advertising clients
- Strong understanding of broadcast and/or digital advertising sales is preferred.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including Account Management.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proven relationship-building and influencing skills required.
- Ability to efficiently organize workload and workflow is critical.
- Strong desire to learn and become entrenched in the ever-evolving digital marketplace.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and dependable vehicle required.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JSltHmiT