TEGNA Media is transforming the local advertising paradigm in this rapidly changing industry, and WHAS Multimedia (a TEGNA company) is looking for rock star sales talent to join the team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you possess an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to run your own business, but want someone else to fund it? Are you hungry for the opportunity to grow your business, with the unparalleled resources and credibility of an established media brand that is changing the landscape in both broadcast and digital advertising behind you? TEGNA Media is transforming the local advertising paradigm in this rapidly changing industry, and WHAS Multimedia (a TEGNA company) is looking for rock star sales talent to join the team.
WHAS Multimedia is a one-stop provider of innovative, relevant solutions, and a trusted partner connecting our clients with their target consumers both locally and nationally. As an account executive, you will build partnerships with local and regional companies, serving as a trusted advisor in the development of customized omni-channel advertising strategies designed to help clients meet their business goals. We are looking for hunters who are going to track down leads and pounce on opportunities in the marketplace, driving revenue for the station and the Account Executive.
You will have the full range of TEGNA Media’s best-in-class broadcast and digital media marketing products to create these solutions, including TV, Digital Video, Online and Mobile display, Audience Marketplace, SEO, SEM, Email Marketing, Social Media Advertising, OTT, YouTube, and much more! You will be supported in your efforts by a dedicated Account Manager, an Insights and Solutions Engineer, and a specialized Digital Sales Team with a proven track record of success.
- Possess a winning, no excuses attitude and thrive in a fast paced, competitive work environment
- Business development focused with proven success maintaining a strong pipeline of existing and potential business while building new prospects on a continual basis
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their businesses and end consumers
- Deliver informative, impactful, and persuasive presentations to small and large groups
- Successfully grow revenue from current customers by demonstrating value and generating positive results from custom marketing plans
- Demonstrate proven success in prospecting, negotiating, and closing fully integrated multi-platform media campaigns
- Effectively manage time out of the office on face-to-face sales calls, while delegating account maintenance to sales support specialists
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients
- Collaborative spirit and the desire to from strong relationships with other team members including Account Managers, Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, Consumer Insights Strategists and other external and internal resources
- Stay abreast of details requiring immediate attention and empower Account Managers to proactively assist as needed
- Must have broad understanding of broadcast and digital media, marketing, and advertising
- Minimum of 3 years consultative sales experience, preferably in media / digital media advertising sales
- College degree OR comparable combination of education/experience/training required
- Proven ability to adapt to change, expert problem solving skills and strong financial acumen
- Excellent math, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. WideOrbit and Salesforce experience a plus.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record and proof of insurance is required.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Sightline Media Group. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.whas11.com