Admissions and Marketing Coordinator
As an Admissions and Marketing Coordinator you will represent Volunteers of America Mid-States to referral and community partners, promoting VOA’s substance use disorder recovery programs with the goal of increasing referrals.
JOB DESCRIPTIONVolunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We confront our region’s biggest issues and serve more than 20,000 clients per year through 40 distinct programs. To continue to change the lives of people we serve, we need someone to help us coordinate some of our organization’s essential intake and marketing functions.
We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. We provide substance use disorder recovery services for men and women and our Freedom House program is a national model for pregnant and parenting women overcoming substance use disorder. We provide care and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide healing and accountability that brings people together with restorative justice. We provide free, convenient and confidential HIV testing and education as well as syringe exchange services.
When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to provide hope and build thriving communities. We’re searching for people to join our mission.
As an Admissions and Marketing Coordinator you will represent Volunteers of America Mid-States to referral and community partners, promoting VOA’s substance use disorder recovery programs with the goal of increasing referrals. This is an outreach, marketing and admission role that involves direct contact with hospitals, health care providers, state agencies and the judicial system, as well as a range of community partners. Your goal will be to build and maintain strong relationships with referral and community partners and be a primary source of information and support to those partners. This position also helps to introduce clients to VOA and guide clients through the referral and intake process. You will also work to track intakes and census and work closely with staff to update census reports. Your success will yield qualified leads for program admission, helping our substance use disorder services reach more individuals struggling with substance use disorder and connect clients with support that can help change their lives.
- Weekly Pay: Get paid for your hard work every Friday
- Generous PTO: Each week, accrue both vacation time and sick time. Once you’ve been here a year, we add a few personal days as well.
- Location: Make your commute a breeze and get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location in downtown Louisville. Bonus: we’re steps away from dozens of delicious local restaurants and coffee shops (though Heine Brothers supports our mission and our office with free coffee).
- Wellness: We’re serious about wellness at VOA. From staff wellness days (massages, apple orchard outings, holiday potlucks) to our employee wellness scholarship and team retreats, we practice what we preach and prioritize employee health and well-being.
- Room to grow: We’re an organization of nearly 600 dedicated staff. With a wide variety of programs and departments, we have numerous opportunities for professional development. We have a track record of promoting from within and investing in our staff to give them the resources they need to grow.
We are seeking dedicated and qualified individuals. We consider the following skills and experience essential:
- Education: A Master’s degree in social work or a related field.
- Experience: Experience with clinical services and computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Skills: This position requires exceptional communication, customer service and critical thinking skills. Time management and experience with clinical services are essential.
- Characteristics: We empower all staff to take charge, fix what’s broken, and reap the benefits of your efforts by honing in on specific objectives. Success in this role requires compassion toward people living with behavioral health and substance use issues, Hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS and the ability to convey respect to target populations and community partners.
- Character: We hire, fire, and promote based on our five core values of commitment, compassion, diversity, justice, and integrity. These values run through our entire culture so it’s important to us that you truly believe in these values too.
As a part of VOA’s Admissions and Marketing teams, you’ll work closely with leadership in Addiction Recovery Services, our Intake team and the communications department on a range of mission-driven goals. Throughout your journey of guiding clients through the referral and intake process, you’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying referral sources and promoting VOA programs to partners and potential partners
- Working proactively and effectively with referral sources.
- Helping manage and support the documentation needs of the insurance pre-authorizations and re-authorizations.
- Coordinating services with referral agencies to assist clients who have specific treatment needs not addressed by Volunteers of America Mid-States.
- Persistently contact health care providers, community partners, consumers and other potential referral partners on behalf of Volunteers of America Mid-States.
- Persistently develop leads for potential new referral partners.
- Responding to referral inquiries both by phone and intake line.
- Completing phone screenings, verify insurance, schedule appointments and complete assessments.
- Track Census and update all staff daily.
- Collaborate with communications department to manage census.
- Work closely with the program and agency leadership to monitor intake procedures and daily census within behavioral health programs.
- Collaborate effectively with referral sources and community partners.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with addiction recovery and behavioral health services to identify current marketing needs.
If this role sounds like a great fit, please reach out with a resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
1. Why do you want this role?
2. Tell us about a time when you received difficult feedback and how you responded to it?
3. Which one of our core values speaks most personally to you?
Email Resume: ReginaldM@voamid.org