The Advertising Manager supports, implements and continually evaluates the effectiveness of Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance’s statewide advertising strategy while ensuring the KFB Agency Force has a steady supply of customizable ad materials for local use.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Advertising Manager supports, implements and continually evaluates the effectiveness of Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance’s statewide advertising strategy while ensuring the KFB Agency Force has a steady supply of customizable ad materials for local use. This role will serve as the day-to-day contact with the company’s advertising agency and oversee its execution of the creative process, media buys, customization of materials for agents, and adherence to the budget. The Advertising Manager must maintain strong relationships with company leadership to keep ad campaigns relevant to business needs and initiatives. While supervising other Communications team members and serving as the department’s overall brand ambassador, the Advertising Manager is also responsible for overseeing the staff’s successful execution of the company’s social media, sponsorship marketing and merchandising programs.
- In conjunction with the Communications Director, identifies opportunities to support organizational initiatives and implements advertising, social media, sponsorship and merchandising strategies that support the company’s brand, mission and reputation.
- Applies KFB’s Guiding Principles in daily work and decision making.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrates sound planning and organizational skills to develop both individual and departmental goals, establish priorities and define measurements of success.
- Manages a staff of professional communicators who support the company’s goals and initiatives through external and internal promotions. Supervises, coaches and formally evaluates department staff in the performance of their duties.
- Helps establish, organize and maintain departmental goals, media buy plans, advertising production calendars, social media editorial calendars, sponsorship activations and associated quarterly reporting.
- Implements a content review process for self, staff and advertising agency. Activates and oversees this system so all new content is reviewed, edited and approved prior to distribution.
- Helps Director review and protect the organization’s overall brand management. Upholds a consistent, branded corporate image throughout all advertising, social media, promotional materials and events. Helps ensure others in the department do the same.
- Partners with the company’s advertising agency to annually recommend which media platforms are to be used and at what frequency, within the approved budget. Oversees the agency’s execution of the agreed upon creative development, production and distribution.
- Serves as chief editor of all creative materials presented by the advertising agency, reviewing content for KFB brand synergy, styles and preferences, and requests revisions as needed.
- Ensures KFB’s ad materials are also translated into agent-customizable templates. Maintains, grows and improves the agent co-op advertising program, ensuring agent awareness and access to customizable versions of all advertising and marketing templates. Works with agency to track monthly agent usage of various KFB ad templates. Serves as a subject matter expert for KFB Insurance agents developing personalized marketing plans and buying ad space locally.
- Owns the content and organizational layout of the agent co-op pages on the intranet, structuring the pages and materials for the agents’ ease of use. Regularly monitors content to remove expired materials and update agency force when new items are available.
- Oversees, tracks usage, reports on, and problem solves the company’s advertising reimbursement program. Similarly tracks and reports agency managers’ annual advertising allotments dollars usage. Develops ways to increase communication of both programs to agency managers for increased participation.
- Prepares and presents new advertising materials in meetings as needed.
- Helps provide structure, process and brand consistency in decision making for those facilitating installation orders of an agency office sign and/or roadside promotional signs.
- Oversees the use and growth of KFB Insurance’s social media presence. Manages staff responsible for these tasks while approving content for both company and agent use. Seeks to maximize this medium for continual audience growth and increased content exposure.
- Formalizes and oversees company’s process for agents, agency managers and county Farm Bureau leaders to view and order supplies of KFB-branded giveaway items. Proposes ways to continue modernizing system and maximize partnering vendor relationship.
- Manages the staff’s operation, product management and promotion of the company’s branded apparel and merchandise program, the KFB Country Store. Takes the lead in vendor relationship management and directs staff in the continued development of this program.
- Oversees marketing aspects of the company’s sponsorship program, ensuring sponsor agreements are fully activated, KFB’s benefits delivered, and relationships well-maintained.
- Reviews, codes, and submits invoices for approval and payment.
- Explores and recommends changes and/or improvements to KFB’s advertising strategies.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, specific to insurance, advertising, social media, merchandising and sponsorships.
- Serves on committees as needed.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Physical demands: Normal vision/hearing with or without correction; Reading; Speaking; Overnight travel; Driving a car; Able to travel as needed. May require overnight accommodations.
- Mental demands: Analytical reasoning; Prolonged concentration; Critical thinking; Ability to perform under stress; Influence management.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature and noise.
- Equipment: Keyboard; Telephone; Calculator; Automobile.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- 7 or more years of related business experience.
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, business users and executive management.
- Demonstrated leadership through connectivity, customer service, championing people and operational excellence.
- Outstanding oral and written skills, and a creative eye for good design and ad production.
- Full understanding of and proven capabilities to lead the production and distribution of a large-scale advertising and marketing program.
- Very high attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Proven skills with computers and Microsoft Office software applications.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Apply Link: https://careers-kyfb.icims.com/jobs/1630/advertising-manager/job