WHAS11 in Louisville is looking for an engaging, innovative anchor/multi-skilled journalist to join our news team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position will primarily anchor our weekday morning newscast. In addition to anchoring, you will be required to report. Our anchors are “working” journalists who report regularly. You must be able to work with our EP and producers to create an engaging morning newscast filled with fresh, unique, and forward-thinking content.
We are looking for someone who is a leader. Candidates should have examples of strong anchoring, breaking news reporting and creative storytelling. We need someone who can dig for great story ideas and turn them into great stories.
This person will create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
Candidates should also have strong news judgment and be a team player willing to do whatever it takes to help make sure our newscasts are strong and compelling.
• Minimum 3-5 years of anchor/reporting experience
• Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills
• Outstanding use of social media for news gathering and community engagement
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Ability to cultivate sources
• Community and/or talent appearances.
• Perform other tasks as required by management
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably as an anchor/reporter.
• MSJ portion will require the ability to shoot, write, edit, and produce.
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JhOxRJjx