(limited to 250 characters)
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a passionate Anchor/Multi-skilled Journalist to join our award-wining team. It’s the city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon trail, and often March Madness. It’s also a big news city, with a strong culture of local journalism.
We want a smart, relentless journalist with a heart to tell On Your Side stories. You must know the art of storytelling and want to make a positive impact on your community.
We are looking for someone who is a leader. Someone who can create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
- Anchor an afternoon/evening newscast
- Write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original, enterprise content. Report impactful stories
- Develop news sources
- Create memorable moments daily on all digital platforms including social media
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 5-7 years of daily local newsgathering experience is required - anchor experience a plus
- Experience in photojournalism, video editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the principles of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news anchoring/reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Motivation to uncover and research unique stories not being told anywhere else
- Ambition to develop and constantly maintain a diverse list of story contacts
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JsaspHPm