Broadcast Engineer/IT Engineer
WAVE-TV, a Gray Television-owned, NBC-affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky's first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 60 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and coverage on digital, social, and OTT channels throughout the day.
The position will support all programming and post-production at WAVE. The engineer will perform quality control measurements to ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production teams as needed. Duties will include troubleshooting, maintaining, installing studio and editing and IT equipment and working with Transmitter equipment. The Broadcast/IT Engineer interacts daily with News and Production staff and will be required to follow all WAVE/GRAY and FCC standards and guidelines. Join our team now and experience a once-in-a-career-type opportunity.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
- Work with technology staff to implement and maintain “crossover” computer systems to Audio/Video Systems
- Maintain equipment and support users for On Air and Live Production automation systems
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
- Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems
- Work with IT Director to design, implement and maintain computer systems, licensing, and network security
- Assist with implementing Engineering projects
- Assist with building maintenance needs
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science or higher
- 2 years experience with Windows operating systems, e-mail systems, FTP Servers, TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Broadcast A/V equipment combined with serial and IP communication and control.
- Have good People Skills to work with the other Departments.
- Must have knowledge of the engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
- Have working knowledge regarding equipment, IT technology, systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations.
- Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including automation, server, and desktop operating systems.
- A degree in broadcast engineering or related field/experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Pre-employment drug screening.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings