CREATIVE SERVICES PRODUCER
WAVE in Louisville, Kentucky is seeking a customer-service oriented creative services professional to write, shoot, and edit commercials and other video and graphic design projects for a full-time position.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE is the first television station to sign on in Kentucky and Southern Indiana and has a rich history of being the areas most trusted source for local news, weather and sports. WAVE is the official station for The Kentucky Derby, home to Thunder Over Louisville and is known across the country for its award-winning journalism and breakthrough investigations. As part of the Gray Television family, WAVE is on the leading-edge of innovation, constantly investing in the tools and technology to best serve our audiences on all screens with original and local multi-platform content. WAVE is in the heart of downtown Louisville, where technology, filmmaking, tourism, sports, education, health, and music make Kentucky one of the most industry-diverse metro areas in the nation.
WAVE in Louisville, Kentucky is seeking a customer-service oriented creative services professional to write, shoot, and edit commercials and other video and graphic design projects for a full-time position. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written, and be fully computer literate, as well as love telling visual stories with sight, sound motion, and emotion.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building commercial messages and campaigns on behalf of the station and individual station clients.
- Operate video camera equipment to capture pictures and sound at a high level of quality for the production of finished commercial and occasional longer-form video productions.
- Operate a non-linear edit station to combine video, sound and graphics as needed into commercial and longer-form video productions using the Adobe Creative Suite of software.
- Support station sales and marketing efforts with creative ideas and the implementation and creation of those ideas for clients.
- Assist other members of the creative services team with productions as needed.
- Display and maintain appropriate dress for the workplace and duties assigned.
- Knowledge of advertising copywriting practices and basic rules governing ethical and legal broadcast advertising copy.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience and understanding of lighting for video a plus.
- Experience with video cameras and lenses.
- Familiarity with Windows operating system, Adobe Creative Suite Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office products a must.
- A love for television and film is a plus. A degree in Journalism, Radio/TV/Film or multimedia production preferred.
- Able to safely handle equipment and tools weighing up to 35 pounds.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WAVE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers