Digital Content Manager
As a critical part of the Marketing team, the Digital Content Manager will create strategic content for a wide variety of projects that support the Metro United Way brand. This position is crucial in telling the story of MUW and the impact of our work.
Metro United Way (MUW) is a force for positive change. We work every day to lift our community by mobilizing people and maximizing resources to advance opportunity and equity for all. With the generous support of individuals, corporations, foundations, and strategic partners, we are uniquely positioned to make a significant, lasting impact in our fight for the education, financial independence, and health of every person in the seven-county region we serve.
For more than a century, we’ve worked to help meet the needs of our community’s most vulnerable members. As we move into our next 100 years, we are focused on not simply meeting those needs, but on how to break the cycle of poverty that holds individuals and our communities back from reaching our full potential. This will mean a rethinking of how we approach our work and enable different approaches to wrap around services and collaborate with greater ease and impact.
There is no single solution. The key to social change is how we work together. The world is full of people and organizations dedicated to helping others. But thousands of individual efforts don’t necessarily add up to widespread progress. That’s why our approach is so effective - we are on the ground, working with nonprofits, businesses, and government to lead collective action that drives results at scale.
Job Skills / Requirements
As a critical part of the Marketing team, the Digital Content Manager will create strategic content for a wide variety of projects that support the Metro United Way brand. This position is crucial in telling the story of MUW and the impact of our work in a concise and compelling way that creates empathy among different audiences and will be successful in reaching, engaging, and motivating individuals to action through different messaging channels.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage content strategy and related external communications calendar for marketing department across all channels, scheduling creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Lead organization videography, photography, storytelling, and multi-media projects from concept to execution, ensuring MUW brand is supported.
- Act as PR point of contact with external partner for executing external calendar, providing information, scheduling interviews, press release and media pitch support.
- Communicate appropriate press mentions, storytelling and other relevant content to all staff.
- Write concise, engaging content using best practices for the given channel/medium.
- Edit and re-work copy from other team members to ensure related messaging is on brand, aligned with our strategy and impactful.
- Provide support for creating staff talking points for a variety of events, for a variety of audiences.
- Coordinate with Event Marketing Manager on virtual events and act as host when needed.
- Continually collaborate with other members of the marketing team as well as cross functionally within the organization, to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies all marketing and organizational strategic priorities.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Education/Experience: Five years’ experience in marketing, journalism, branded content, writing, editing or related field.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in natural storytelling and crafting powerful narratives in a variety of forms.
- Experience in writing video, website, email, and social media copy as well as demonstrated error-free proofreading skills.
- Excellent time management skills with proven record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to execute multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficiency in video production in studio and in the field, including camera, audio, lighting and other functionality.
- Must efficiently manage shoots, scout locations, schedule, conduct interviews, capture B-roll and other media management.
- Professionally skilled in photo, video, motion graphics and visual effects editing.
- Audio production and audio mixing experience a plus.
- Ability to lift and manage variety of video and production equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively with strong organizational skills and attention to detail to meet deadlines and multiple demands.
- Excellent computer/office skills including strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites, video editing and production software, Microsoft Office, and other relevant applications.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently, demonstrate leadership, and produce consistently high-quality work.
- Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Must prioritize equity and accessibility in content creation (ADA-compliance).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and other unusual hours when necessary.
- Embraces the Metro United Way Values:
a. Champion Equity – Commits to operationalizing and integrating diversity, equity and inclusion into our culture every day, because without equity our other values are incomplete.
b. Think We Before Me – Prioritizes team and community over self; is a consistent ambassador of MUW both inside and out of the office.
c. Build Up – Cultivates growth in self, colleagues and community through succeeding and failing forward.
d. Break Through – Demonstrates courage, innovation, and resiliency by embracing change and encouraging and acting on new ideas.
e. Own It – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for one’s role and actions.
- Assists or takes on new tasks to help Metro United Way achieve its mission.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
- Adheres to and models the Metro United Way Code of Ethics at all times.
Note: The description given is intended only to provide information about the general nature of the job and is not an all-inclusive list of the job duties, skills or abilities which may change.
Additional Information / Benefits
Metro United Way
05/01/2021 thru 04/30/2022
VACATION: 15 days per year (9.38 hrs./mo.) for fulltime employees with 20 days (12.5 hrs./mo.) after 5 years of service. May be taken as accrued following 60-day new hire orientation period. Twelve (12) day carry-over at April 30 permitted.
SICK LEAVE: 8 days per year. Days are accrued monthly beginning with first month of employment and may be taken following 60-day new hire orientation period. Accrual limit of 75 days.
PAID FAMILY LEAVE: Twelve weeks of paid leave for child-bearing parent. Six weeks of paid leave for non-child-bearing parent. Four weeks of paid leave to care for a family member. One year of service requirement. Bereavement Leave up to 10 days.
FREE DAYS: 3 Free Days to be used at your discretion. Must be used during current calendar year.
HOLIDAYS: per year: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Birthday, Juneteenth Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day. And Primary Voting Days for the State in which you live. MUW office closed on these days.
METRO UNITED WAY has established a 403(b) Thrift Plan to encourage employees to save on a pre-tax basis (403(b) Plan) or on an after-tax basis (Roth Plan) to build a financial reserve for retirement. These plans are administered by Mutual of America as follows:
- An eligible employee may begin participation immediately upon hire.
- Eligible employees may contribute on a tax-deferred basis through payroll deduction.
- METRO UNITED WAY currently matches:
< 10 years = 100% match up to 5%
10 – 20 years = 200% match up to 5%
20 + years = 300% match up to 5%
- Match is made after one year of continuous employment and a minimum of 1000 hours of service in a twelve-month period. The employer match is made every pay period.
- Employee contributions are immediately vested. The vesting period for employer contributions is 20% per year of service, with 100% vesting upon completion of five years of service.
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY: Non-contributory. Employer funded benefit program to bridge the coverage gap to long term disability benefits. For any non-work-related injury or illness of seven (7) or more days. STD benefits covered at 70% of pay. Eligible following 90 days of employment.
MEDICAL INSURANCE: Two options offered through Anthem – (1) Core Plan High Deductible with HSA, with employee only premiums paid by Metro United Way. (2) Buy-Up PPO plan with FSA with partial premiums paid by MUW.
DENTAL INSURANCE: Two options offered through Anthem. Employee only premiums on Core Plan paid by Metro United Way.
GROUP LIFE INSURANCE: Non-contributory. Benefit available to beneficiary is two times employee’s annual salary – four times for accidental death, up to $250,000. Coverage through Reliance Standard.
LONG-TERM DISABILITY: Non-contributory. 90-day elimination period with benefit of 60% of pre-disability earnings. Coverage through Reliance Standard.
VOLUNTARY TERM LIFE AND AD&D: Insurance providing coverage on a guarantee issue basis during initial enrollment for employee, spouse, and children through Reliance Standard. Employee paid.
VOLUNTARY VISION INSURANCE: Helps with routine eye exams, frames, lenses, contact lenses, etc. Employee paid.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Through Human Development Company for employee and family at no cost to employee.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, HSA ER Contributions, FSA ER Contributions, Casual Dress every day, Telework, Flexible/Floating Schedules, Free Parking, etc.
This job reports to the Chief Brand Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends, Summers, Some weekend and evening hours may be necessary for special events.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Apply Link: https://www.joblinkapply.com/Joblink/723/Job/Index/476669/digital-content-manager?ShowBackButton=True&BackUrl=%252fJoblink%252f723%252fSearch%252fResults%253fsavedSearchId%253d96ef64a2-974a-4c38-a2ab-fc5705a06534
Email Resume: email@example.com