Digital Content News Manager
WAVE 3 News is looking for an experienced digital content manager to lead daily operations on web, mobile, social and OTT.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 News is looking for an experienced digital content manager to lead daily operations on web, mobile, social and OTT. We're looking for an aggressive leader who will assert his or her voice across all parts of the newsroom, representing all things digital at all times. We need someone who will think big and act urgently, a leader who is comfortable with coaching, managing, delegating and providing feedback to all team members. Attention to detail is a must, as is an ability to step back and strategize with the big picture in mind. We want a big, loud personality with presence, someone who can take command of a fast-paced newsroom, particularly during breaking news events.
WAVE 3 News is looking for an experienced digital content manager to lead daily operations on web, mobile, social and OTT. We're looking for an aggressive leader who will assert his or her voice across all parts of the newsroom, representing all things digital at all times. We need someone who will think big and act urgently, a leader who is comfortable with coaching,
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Plan and execute daily strategy to own each day's big story
- Lead digital team in breaking news coverage, making sure to prioritize push alerts, social, livestream video, all while being mindful of SEO/meta
- Obsess over real-time and long-term analytics to inform daily and big-picture strategy
- Prioritize, execute, delegate assignments/tasks beyond breaking events
- Actively seek out opportunities to produce/delegate original content
- Bring a competitive personality to work every day
- Proof reporter/MMJ stories for quality control
- Provide coaching sessions with all team members on all things digital
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technology advancements
- Be a voice for digital in editorial and manager meetings
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Collaborate with all team members and fellow managers
- You are an experienced journalist
- 3-6 years of experience in digital content production
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly
- Strong AP writing/editing skills
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills
- Experience with digital content management systems
- Experience with all social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, TikTok, etc.)
- Experience with social listening tools like Crowdtangle and Social News Desk
- Experience with video/image editing
- Experience with aggregator sites like Reddit to find opportunities for original content
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, odd hours, etc.
3-6 years: 3-6 years of experience in digital content production
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on "apply now"
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings