Digital Content Producer – 007705
WHAS11, TEGNA’s ABC station in Louisville, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS11, TEGNA’s ABC station in Louisville, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WHAS editorial content, with emphasis on video, across all digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms.
WHAS Digital Content Producers should be leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content that adheres to the highest journalistic standards, as well as audience experience on all digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They help create multiple platform storytelling through all WHAS’s platforms, including broadcast, digital and social by working with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
- Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via ChartBeat, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills).
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Produce, shoot, edit videos for WHAS digital products, such as YouTube and the WHAS Roku channel.
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
- Implement best practices on WHAS digital and social platforms.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WHAS brand across platforms.
- 1-2 years’ experience in digital content production preferred.
- Experience managing SEO and SEM campaigns a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
- Experience building presentations, extensive knowledge of power point a plus.
- Problem solver, ability to multi task.
- High standard of professionalism and accuracy.
- Customer focus, solution oriented.
- Has a positive outlook and enjoys working in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JhtWHrIu