Digital Marketing Strategist – GoWild
GoWild is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist who's hungry, ready to make their mark, and most importantly, can drive customer acquisitions and engagement. Love the outdoors, too? You might be perfect.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGoWild is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist who's hungry, ready to make their mark, and most importantly, can drive customer acquisitions and engagement. Love the outdoors, too? You might be perfect.
Other skills you'll need: Ability to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels. An evolving and sophisticated grasp of digital advertising is a must.
We move fast. You will be expected to work with our creative team to test and iterate quickly. You're going to have failures here. If you don't, you're not taking enough risks. If taking chances makes you squeamish, abort now—this role is not for you.
As an outdoor tech startup, we are taking a path untraveled. There is no roadmap to success. We just know our best path forward is found by taking chances. We learn from those failures, improve, iterate and take a step forward.
You're still reading this. We must have your attention. If you meet the qualifications below, please apply.
This role reports to the CEO.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including digital media placement, marketing database, ASO, email, and SEO/SEM.
- Maintain a large social media presence daily.
- Must generate creative marketing campaign concepts—we want your ideas!
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) for both GoWild and our Brand Partners.
- Identify trends and opportunities within the outdoors industry.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Managing our eComm, from fulfillment to optimizing for sales (minimal).
- Degree in marketing or a related field.
- 3 years minimum working experience in digital marketing.
- Experience managing digital marketing, app marketing, marketing database, email, social media content.
- Ability to identify personas/audiences and target appropriately.
- Proven understanding of the latest trends and best practices in app / mobile marketing and measurement (we're going to ask you).
- Experience with Shopify, Mailchimp or Airship is a bonus but not required.
- Strong negotiation and customer management skills.
MUST-HAVES FOR ALL GOWILD TEAM MEMBERS:
- Must be a self-starter and driven. Hand-holding is for toddlers.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- No egos. Seriously.
- Must have the ability to manage up. You have to keep your own projects on time, on budget and on point. Leadership also expects you to speak up when we're wrong.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
- Fun team and working environment.
- Flex days: Life is busy—sometimes you need flexibility. We get it. We offer one remote day per week, pending you're still busting your hump to GoWild.
- Wild Week: 1 Week of bonus vacation time, pending you spend it outside.
- Additional benefits customized to you. We care about our team’s needs.
- Very good healthcare (health, dental and vision).
- Failure is encouraged here. Without failure, we're not taking risks. Without risks, there is no reward. No one is here just for a paycheck, we all strive for better.
- We buy your residential hunting and fishing license, and will pay for up to $100 annually in backcountry permits.
MEET A FEW OF THE WILD ONES:
Who you'll be working with is as important as where, because the team and culture that team creates is what makes a "job" rewarding.
Brad Luttrell, Cofounder, CEO
- Prior to GoWild: Award winning copywriter, digital strategist and creative director
- 10 years of creative, sales and marketing experience
- Avid hunter, angler, runner and hiker
Donovan Sears, Cofounder, Chief Product Designer
- 20 years of user experience and design experience
- Has led hundreds of websites and branding projects
- Passionate outdoors enthusiast
Zack Grimes, Cofounder, Chief Analytics Officer
- 10 years as a Data Scientist
- Masters from Northwestern in Predictive Analytics
- Sasquatch in Residence for GoWild (seriously, just wait until you see his hair/beard—it's impressive)
Chris Gleim, Cofounder, Chief Development Officer
- 10 years of development experience
- Built 4 apps for Coca-Cola (1 in partnership with the Olympics), once launched a satellite for NASA
- An avid hiker and crossfitter, Chris has already worked out and done a bike ride before most people even wake up
Our development team is a group of rock stars, having worked on some major fitness apps prior, and built some incredible backend systems.
This role is not available for remote or contract positions. This is a full-time gig at our Louisville, KY office.
Apply Link: https://timetogowild.com/pages/gowild-digital-marketing-strategist
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org