Digital Sales Manager
WAVE 3 News is looking for a Digital Sales Manager to oversee all Digital revenue for the station leading all Digital efforts while leading in a positive and collaborative way.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 News, the NBC Affiliate and Kentucky Derby Station in Louisville, KY, and Gray Television, the second largest broadcast company in the country is seeking an engaged, competitive and highly knowledgeable Digital Sales Manager. A legacy station being the first in Kentucky and 41st in the nation, WAVE 3 News sets the standard for quality, excellence and serving the community in the Louisville market. Louisville, the internationally known "Derby City" is also home to outstanding Culinary, Arts and Bourbon scenes, Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, UPS Worldwide hub, The Greatest Muhammad Ali, and has a very rich history, founded in 1778. WAVE 3 News mantra of More. Local. Now. is followed each day by our outstanding team. Learn more about WAVE 3 News at wave3.com
The Digital Sales Manager at WAVE 3 News is responsible for overseeing all Digital revenue for the station leading all Digital efforts while leading in a positive and collaborative way.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Manage the Sales Teams Digital efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients.
- Develop and implement client focused advertising plans, new products and effective sales presentations to generate New Local Direct Business.
- Maintain effective systems and processes to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts.
- Develop and maintain excellent Local Advertiser and Agency relationships making sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives.
- Manage inventory control, rate structure and traffic system.
- Create and maintain Local sales budgets and forecasting. Coach and train the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge, leading positively by example.
- Track pending business and sales results.
- Serve as the point person for digital vendors.
- Organize monthly analytics reports for clients and help in the delivery of those.
- Interacting with News, Marketing, Creative Services and Promotions on Sales related events.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Digital Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success.
- Thorough understanding of the Digital landscape and environment including Targeted Display, social media, OTT / Connected TV, Email marketing, SEO and Paid Search.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for selling, teaching and coaching.
- Google Analytics and DART for Publisher, experience with Wide Orbit a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record required.
- College Degree preferred.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Licenses & Certifications
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings