Director of Analytics
The Director of Analytics will lead an analytics team with a strong will to continually advance the agency’s capabilities in data analysis, modeling, visualization, and innovation. Musts: proactive thinker, strive for integrity, presentation comfort and ease.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector of Analytics
Doe-Anderson is seeking a highly skilled Director of Analytics to lead an analytics team with a strong will to continually advance the agency’s capabilities in data analysis, modeling, visualization, and innovation. Must be a proactive thinker and strive for integrity in the output of our work. Ability to present to small and large groups with comfort and ease is a must. Experience in the marketing/advertising field preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of analytics professionals that provide marketing performance analysis for client engagements. Understand clients’ business goals and requirements. Design and develop analytic approaches tailored to their needs.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop client tools and services such as segmentation, modeling, dashboard development, decision aids and business case analysis to support programs, creative and recommended solutions. Work closely with the agency team to make specific and actionable client recommendations and sell in additional client engagements.
- Be solid in statistical modeling, segmentation, and value analysis, as well as reporting for website, online advertising, social media, mobile, email campaigns and e-commerce activity.
- Develop data strategies (e.g., what we should capture, how we should capture it and the triggers/decisioning as a result, etc.).
- Contribute to innovation for the agency and help establish the agency in the marketplace as being “accomplished” and cutting-edge in analytics.
- Assist in building the agency’s services in social media and mobile analytics, customer database analytics and CRM program development.
- Stay current with client and industry developments and benchmarks.
- Working knowledge of statistics and marketing analytics techniques (A/B testing, Customer Journey Analysis, MMM, MTA, ROI).
- Proficient using SQL for database queries and at least one programming language used for data analysis (R/Python).
- Extensive working background in digital analytics, including web analytics, social media and online advertising.
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data from standard ad-serving and digital platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, The Trade Desk, Salesforce, and client databases.
- Experience with marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis and/or other market research (custom survey research, advertising testing or tracking, new product research, etc.).
- Experience providing broad advanced statistical solutions to clients.
Strong Presentation and Interpersonal Skills
- Role requires client-facing skills and the ability to write clear and concise presentations for clients, summarizing data insights, outcomes, and implications in straightforward and enlightening ways for clients.
Experience Managing Clients and Staff
- Collaboration and team leadership essential.
- Seven to 10 years of experience required in a related role managing a team of analysts.
- Agency background in media or multichannel performance preferred and/or direct marketing experience ideal.
- Candidate must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Louisville, Ky., area.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, business or marketing, or equivalent work experience demonstrating working knowledge and mastery of statistics and marketing analytics techniques as outlined above.
The following characteristics define a candidate who will succeed in the agency culture and for this position:
- Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who proactively thinks outside the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology. Knows the tools and tricks.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect, and observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills – an active listener and a concise presenter.
- Service Orientation: Recognizes the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal and agency partner teams and externally to clients.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
Report to: SVP, Media Director
Qualified individuals may submit their credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hometown since 1915 was recently dubbed “the new Austin.” We’re not sure what that means, but we’ll take it as a compliment. We like to think of Louisville as the place where Southern hospitality begins but Midwestern common sense and practicality stick around. It’s a blend of the best of both cultures. And speaking of culture, we’ve long been known for having one of the country’s most dynamic art scenes. Over the past decade, our food scene has caught up, with Louisville becoming recognized as one of the leaders in the farm-to-table movement. Oh, and did we mention bourbon? Mix in with a low cost of living and an ease of getting around. Stir well. Enjoy.
You know the cliché about a company being “like a family?” Well, sometimes clichés become clichés because they’re true. In the case of Doe-Anderson, you would be joining an organization that’s been nurturing careers (and the people attached to them) for well over a century. We like to think it’s because you can carve your own path here, supported by management and your peers. We try hard to keep the corporate politics to a minimum and the self-reliance to the max. That may be why almost half our employees are shareholders in the company – and why people tend to stick around nearly three times the ad agency average. There’s something about the place that makes it hard to leave.
At Doe-Anderson, we have a long history of creating work that, well, works. To do this, we strive to reflect the world we live in and speak to every day. Building belief in brands begins with believing in and celebrating one another as individual members of a diverse and inclusive team.
We will never disqualify a potential team member based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or veteran or disability status.
Apply Link: https://www.doeanderson.com/careers/director-of-analytics
Email Resume: email@example.com