Director of Resource Development and Marketing
The Director of Resource Development and Marketing will support Habitat's mission by effectively planning, marketing, organizing, implementing and directing all areas of the Resource Development department of Habitat Louisville. https://louisvillehabitat.org
- Direct organizational efforts to develop effective giving and volunteer programs including sponsorship, direct marketing, planned giving, major gifts, donor acquisition, foundations, corporations, special events, donor recognition, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Prioritize and collaborate closely with and develop strategies for fundraising volunteers (board, staff, Habitat stakeholders), on identifying, cultivating and soliciting funding from individuals, foundations, churches and corporations.
- Oversee board committees including the Resource Development Committee and Volunteer Taskforce.
Leadership and Staff Development
- Foster effective interdepartmental collaboration and communication as an active member of the Leadership Team.
- Manage Board involvement in fundraising that support revenue goals.
- Serve as the Resource Development Team leader by setting fundraising, volunteer engagement and communication goals and objectives which are challenging, and consistent with organizational goals.
- Mentor and develop staff to promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement which values learning and a commitment to quality. Assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate performance and development results.
- Oversee the Impact Giving Leader and the Community and Faith Relations Manager to ensure the development and implementation of strategies to significantly increase major gifts from individuals and engagement from faith community partners.
- Provide strategic direction and collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop and implement marketing, communications and public relations strategies that raise the organization’s visibility while clearly communicating Habitat’s mission and impact.
- Direct and support the Volunteer Programs Manager in developing, innovating and managing strategic volunteer engagement to achieve the organization’s mission and long-term capacity for growth.
- Cultivate and solicit funds for Habitat to meet the $1.5 million 2021 fundraising goal.
- In collaboration with staff and board, identify and recommend new sources of funding, including events, sponsorship opportunities, and other programs.
- Develop the organization’s existing networking circle and become involved in strategic community organizations.
- Support, lead, and empower the board-led Resource Development committee. Assist chairperson and Resource Development staff with recruiting new members as needed.
- Provide strong leadership to the Resource Development committee as they support a robust individual giving program utilizing the concepts of acquisition, renewal, and upgrade for donors.
- Provide strong leadership to the Resource Development committee and staff to plan and execute significant special events.
- Oversee the management of the donor database which includes recognition of major donors and targeted communication to particular types of donors. Enlist support from Office Manager, Resource Development staff, Resource Development Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Passion for Habitat’s mission.
- Strong people skills, persistence, and proven success securing major gifts and leading strategic fundraising growth
- Possess leadership skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to plan, follow-through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to envision long-range goals and apply them to daily operations
- Prior experience effectively managing, mentoring, and motivating teams across a variety of development, and operations functions.
- Comfort with interacting and engaging a diverse set of stakeholders with respect and sensitivity, including senior executives, staff, volunteers, all types of donors, and vendors.
- Basic computer knowledge required
- 5 years of Management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org