WHAS 11 in Louisville, KY seeks a newsroom leader to oversee our morning content.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe AM Executive Producer will work with a team of journalists to develop distinctive, impactful content that is highly engaging and memorable. You must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our morning news audience across all platforms. You must be a ‘show doctor’ at heart. This position requires leadership and solid decision-making skills.
- Lead teams in the creation of distinctive, shareable content
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Work with the digital and desk teams to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts
- Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team
- Manage the daily performance of producers and their newscasts
- Support producers by providing editorial skills, copy editing, and creative production and storytelling skills
- Work with reporters on story concepts to execution, and proof their completed stories
- Oversee newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Challenge the norm
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director and Digital Director
- Occasionally fill-in as line producer, leading by example
- 3+ years as a newscast producer with strong digital first skills and knowledge
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JOFQJcmj