Front End Developer
GoWild is looking for a Front End Developer who's hungry, ready to make their mark, and most importantly, can build a world-class product for a quickly scaling platform.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGoWild is looking for a Front End Developer who's hungry, ready to make their mark, and most importantly, can build a world-class product for a quickly scaling platform.
Love the outdoors, too? You might be perfect.
Other skills you'll need: Ability to develop a fully responsive web experience for the GoWild platform, take minimal direction and turn that into maximum output.
We move fast. You will be expected to work with our creative and development team to test and iterate quickly. You're going to have failures here. If you don't, you're not taking enough risks. If taking chances makes you squeamish, abort now—this role is not for you.
As an outdoor tech startup, we are taking a path untraveled. There is no perfect roadmap to success. We learn from those failures, improve, iterate and take a step forward.
You're still reading this. We must have your attention. If you meet the qualifications below, please apply.
IMPORTANT: We are only accepting applications from those who can work at our office in Louisville, Kentucky. While we appreciate your enthusiasm for GoWild, applications for remote positions will not be considered or acknowledged.
- Must have a portfolio of previous work.
- 2 -5 years of experience at agencies or in-house development teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in front end effects, animations.
- Must be familiar with responsive HTML5 / CSS3 layouts.
- Ability to implement cross-browser testing and quality control.
- Familiarity with GIT or similar version control.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- AWS, backend, or app development is a serious bonus, but not required.
- Must be a self-starter and driven. Hand-holding is for toddlers.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- No egos. Seriously.
- Must have the ability to manage up. Your boss expects you to speak up if he’s wrong.
- Flexible work schedule — two guaranteed remote mornings or one full remote day per week (upon completion of first 90 days).
- Bonus vacation days for time outdoors. GoWild team members get bonus days for trips hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
- Great culture. Failure is encouraged here. Without failure, we're not taking risks. Without risks, there is no reward. No one is here just for a paycheck, we all strive for better.
- Great healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental).
- We buy your residential hunting and fishing license, and will pay for up to $100 annually in back-country permits.
- Company outings & conservation days—we give back. We also have an annual retreat in the woods (2018: Hiking in the Red River Gorge; 2019: Fly Fishing in the Ozarks).
- You can break through the corporate silos and blinders. We encourage people to try new things. We want you to push your boundaries.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be acknowledged. Do not email. Use the link below to apply.
Apply Link: https://timetogowild.com/pages/gowild-front-end-developer