As a Full-stack Developer at Doe, you'll develop aesthetically pleasing digital experiences with equally beautiful code, leading maintenance and improvements on existing digital properties such as websites, web apps and email.
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull-stack Developer (May 2021)
A full-stack developer at Doe-Anderson is responsible for developing aesthetically pleasing digital experiences with equally beautiful code. You will be an experienced voice within a larger team on large-scale projects from discovery to deployment in an agile structure. You will also be tasked to help lead maintenance and improvements on existing digital properties that may include but not be limited to websites, web apps and email.
In addition to daily tasks, you will be afforded dedicated time for professional development to keep pace with the ever-changing digital landscape. You will work with the Director of Software Development to create a career plan that will challenge you to grow into a senior full-stack developer and beyond, depending upon your career goals.
Required Technical Skills:
• Strong backend languages knowledge, preference for PHP
• Experience leveraging API-provided data
• Database management, preference for MySQL
• Advanced CSS knowledge/experience (flexbox, grid, preprocessors or utility frameworks)
• Comfortable in Figma, Photoshop or Sketch
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Progressive Web Apps and its components
• Webpack or other build tools
Qualifications & Skills:
• Five+ years of relevant, demonstrable experience at a marketing communications agency or related function within a client environment (portfolio of previous work a prerequisite)
• Articulate and confident demonstrating your ideas in internal and client presentations
• Comfortable working as a team player among healthy egos and strongly held opinions
• Willingness to have your code reviewed and to review the code of teammates
• Documentation lover
• Ability to share ownership of ideas
• Position based in Louisville, Ky. Remote arrangements optional/negotiable.
Report to: Director of Software Development
Qualified individuals may submit their credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our hometown since 1915 was recently dubbed “the new Austin.” We’re not sure what that means, but we’ll take it as a compliment. We like to think of Louisville as the place where Southern hospitality begins but Midwestern common sense and practicality stick around. It’s a blend of the best of both cultures. And speaking of culture, we’ve long been known for having one of the country’s most dynamic art scenes. Over the past decade, our food scene has caught up, with Louisville becoming recognized as one of the leaders in the farm-to-table movement. Oh, and did we mention bourbon? Mix in with a low cost of living and an ease of getting around. Stir well. Enjoy.
You know the cliché about a company being “like a family?” Well, sometimes clichés become clichés because they’re true. In the case of Doe-Anderson, you would be joining an organization that’s been nurturing careers (and the people attached to them) for well over a century. We like to think it’s because you can carve your own path here, supported by management and your peers. We try hard to keep the corporate politics to a minimum and the self-reliance to the max. That may be why almost half our employees are shareholders in the company – and why people tend to stick around nearly three times the ad agency average. There’s something about the place that makes it hard to leave.
At Doe-Anderson, we have a long history of creating work that, well, works. To do this, we strive to reflect the world we live in and speak to every day. Building belief in brands begins with believing in and celebrating one another as individual members of a diverse and inclusive team.
We will never disqualify a potential team member based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or veteran or disability status.
Apply Link: https://www.doeanderson.com/careers/full-stack-developer
Email Resume: email@example.com