Shady Rays is looking for a self-motivated and passionate Graphic Designer that will be responsible for designing, developing, and producing all graphics and materials, from concept to completion.
JOB DESCRIPTIONShady Rays is looking for a self-motivated and passionate Graphic Designer that will be responsible for designing, developing, and producing all graphics and materials, from concept to completion. This person will work collaboratively with the marketing team and senior design manager to produce world-class creative and build excitement about the brand to include digital and social properties such as email, text messaging, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, website, direct mail, and others.
This individual will play a key role in the execution and creative vision for new product launches and seasonal campaigns while meeting general brand guidelines. In addition, this position will require hands-on development of creative assets and candidates should expect to spend a considerable amount of time creating new brand design concepts and deliverables. This position will execute creative under current brand guidelines, however, will also advise and be a thought leader regarding optimizations of brand guidelines and creative brief development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; major or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred.
- At least one year of related work experience.
- Collaborates with senior design manager, marketing team members and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to staff or departments for review.
- Revises projects as necessary based on collaborative feedback process.
- Consults with senior design manager, and/or other team members as needed on complex or specialized projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong Proficiency in the latest versions of design software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to switch between projects quickly and independently while managing a large and varying workload.
- Strong knowledge of digital, social, and video content.
- An enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter with a great work ethic.
- Must work seamlessly and collaboratively with a larger team.
- Ability to prioritize, and shift directions quickly, as business needs change.
- Portfolio of existing work available related to digital campaign elements and advertising creative.
- Good to have: Video editing/ sketching/ icon design/ illustrations.
- Digital Experience Required, including the application of campaign assets across a variety of social and digital channels.
- Ecommerce / direct-to-consumer brand experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite or other similar design software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to thoughtfully challenge ideas.
Why Work Here?
Shady Rays is one of the largest and fastest growing mid-priced sunglasses companies in the U.S. In 2020, we ranked as the 54th fastest growing privately held company in the country via the INC 5000 list, and the #1 fastest growing company in the eyewear category. Shadyrays.com is one of the top Shopify stores in the world and ranks in the top 50,000 amongst all global web traffic.
We are an independent, direct-to-consumer sunglasses company with a mission to give back by fighting hunger in America with every pair of sunglasses sold. We donate meals to fight hunger every hour of every day through each order and have donated over 20 million meals to date. In addition, we engage in charitable causes across the spectrum including Autism Acceptance, Breast Cancer Awareness, and others.
Join our dynamic and growing team and help us make a positive impact while disrupting the sunglasses industry. Be an integral part of a fast-growing, social conscious company with a positive culture.
- Competitive compensation plus yearly bonus potential
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- 401k with employer matching
- Employee discounts
- Prescription discounts
- Employee Wellness Days
- Health program reimbursement
- Employee Development
- Employee Recognition
Shady Rays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Background check and drug test required prior to employment with ongoing random drug test potential.
Email Resume: email@example.com