Instructor, Advertising (Professional in Residence) at Western Kentucky University
2 year (potentially transitional to regular appointment) Professional in Residence Instructor in Advertising. Expectation of industry experience, excellence in teaching with a 4/4 teaching load and some service obligations.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position carries an expectation of excellence in teaching with a 4/4 teaching load and service obligations. We seek an individual with the ability to guide students through the process of unlocking and efficiently communicating insights from data, and how those insights drive innovation and business goals.
The successful candidate will be able to teach existing undergraduate classes such as: Advertising in a Digital World, Media Planning, Advertising Strategy, Branding, Digital Tactics, and Communications Analytics, as well as develop new courses and programs based on candidate's expertise that respond to industry trends. The candidate will be expected to coordinate efforts with the School of Media and the Department of Art & Design, specifically as it pertains to digital analytics, digital storytelling, and artificial intelligence. Points of outside collaboration include the UX (User Experience) Certificate and School of Media courses in Media Content and Collaboration, Visualizing Data in Journalism, and Mobile Media Storytelling.
This is initially a 2 year appointment that could transition into a regular appointment in the future.
- Master's degree in advertising, public relations, marketing, communication/s OR 18 hours towards an MA in one of these fields AND at least 5 years' industry experience.
- At least 5 years of industry and/or academic experience, with a focus on data analytics, digital storytelling, and communications and integrated campaigns.
- Experience with search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO) and relevant tools and technologies (including one or more of the following: Google Ads, Google Data Studio, Tableau).
- Relevant applicable certifications (including at least one of the following: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, HubSpot).
- College-level teaching experience.
Apply Link: https://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid= EF0FE6B8B3CE10153BF0AECC8522D79A?JOBID=156323
Email Resume: email@example.com