Doe-Anderson is looking for a junior developer to be responsible for developing aesthetically pleasing digital experiences with equally beautiful, performant code.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe developer is responsible for developing aesthetically pleasing digital experiences with equally beautiful, performant code. You will work within a larger team on projects of all sizes from discovery to deployment in an agile structure. You will also be tasked to help maintain and improve existing digital properties that may include but not be limited to websites, display ads, and email.
In addition to daily tasks, you will be afforded dedicated time for professional development to keep pace with the ever-changing digital landscape. You will work with the Director of Software Development to create a career plan that will challenge you to grow into a full-stack developer.
This is a remote position with the potential to move to our Louisville office.
- HTML5 strength
- Flexbox strength
- Experience with SCSS/SASS
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with databases, preference to the SQL family (MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
Preferred Technical Requirements
- CSS3 techniques (animations, transitions, selectors)
- Comfortable in Photoshop and Sketch
- Experience with webpack or other build tools
- Working knowledge of CSS Grid
- Working knowledge of Progressive Web Apps and its components
- Craft or Statamic CMS experience
- Object-oriented programming, preference to PHP
- Understanding of caching techniques
- Experience with APIs, preference to REST
- Experience with AJAX
Qualifications & Skills
- Articulate and confident demonstrating your ideas in internal and client presentations
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Comfortable working as a team player among healthy egos and strongly held opinions
- Willingness to have your code reviewed and to review the code of teammates
- Documentation lover
- Ability to share ownership of ideas
Report to: Director of Software Development
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org