Lifestyle Show Host
(limited to 250 characters)
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS11, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, Kentucky is seeking a creative, dynamic, full-time Host for Louisville’s only live, local lifestyle program, "Great Day Live." The ideal candidate will create sales and lifestyle content for multiple platforms showcasing local and national businesses and the community. Daily show prep, post show meetings, client meetings and field shoots are all required. Writing and producing compelling and timely entertainment and lifestyle content for on-air, social and digital platforms is also required.
- Working Monday – Friday (with occasional weekend appearances) as the host of Great Day Live
- Properly coordinate and schedule pre-produced sales segments that might require travel to local businesses
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to advertisers purchasing sponsored content
- Work with community advocates to highlight their contributions positively impacting the Louisville and Southern Indiana area
- Develop contacts throughout the community to identify brand-appropriate stories and contribute daily through the editorial process
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Journalist and/or Mass Communication degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a broadcast reporter or on-air personality preferred
- Ability to produce content for all platforms is expected.
- ENPS, Edius, Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, metrics-informed content
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong organization and time management
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JdMUCTkh