Lifestyle Show MMJ
WHAS11, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a passionate Multi-skilled Journalist to join our Great Day Live! team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONLouisville is a thriving city - home to the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon Trail and some of the country’s kindest people! It’s also a community full of helping hands, growing businesses, and people with incredible stories to tell.
We want a smart, creative, and driven professional who can connect the Kentuckiana community with our clients who serve them. We are looking for a storyteller who understands the importance of creating engaging television, web posts, and social media posts that close the gap between businesses, non-profits, and other professionals and our viewers.
- Ability to effectively and professionally work with clients to develop a product that will create great TV and help develop their product/business
- Develop clients’ ideas into stories for on-air and for GreatDayLive.com
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air content in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Pitch work-ahead stories and coordinate with a team to develop a plan for impact
- Write and post daily on all digital and social platforms.
- Shoot, write and edit packages.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premier, Final Cut Pro and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- 1-3 years of experience as a multi-skilled journalist
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or similar field a plus
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JlVZDQiH