Manager, Graphic Design
GLI, the Metro Chamber of Commerce, is hiring a Manager, Graphic Design and we're looking for the right fit. If you or someone you know are passionate, collaborative, results-oriented, flexible, and fun, then apply or send them our way today.
JOB DESCRIPTIONHave you ever wanted to do something that makes your community a better place to live, work, and play? Would you like to collaborate with and meet some of Louisville's top CEOs and business leaders? Well, now you can! Come work at GLI!
Our top-notch initiatives and programming made us Chamber of the Year in 2019. Whether it's through supporting and promoting our local businesses, advocating for a business-friendly environment, hosting great events, expanding the region through business attraction, or solving critical talent problems, by joining the GLI team you can help grow our regional economy.
Plus, you'll have the chance to work with driven and creative professionals in a collaborative culture. GLI has a highly flexible hybrid working arrangement where employees are able to work remotely/from home along with competitive pay and benefits.
Greater Louisville Inc. - the Metro Chamber of Commerce is focused on growing the regional economy. As the region's largest convener of business leadership, GLI leads economic and global outreach strategies focused on business attraction; nurtures the entrepreneurial eco-system; and champions the development of the community's talent base. As the voice of Greater Louisville's business community, GLI advocates for a pro-business environment and facilitates businesses engagement on issues that impact regional competitiveness. For more information, visit www.greaterlouisville.com.
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various software programs to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals.
- Obtain input from managers and department heads to ensure that designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company and department appropriately.
- Work independently as well as cooperatively with marketing team to meet deadlines, stay within budget, and schedule project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects.
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions that improve design capabilities.
- Update and maintain internal databases for designs, photography, and video.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams on a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communications, newsletters, social media, and marketing materials
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts and execute original content by determining the ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Manage the design and uploading process for all project materials, based on best practices for whatever platform is being used (digital, print, social, web, etc.)
- Use trend intelligence and knowledge of historical and current markets when designing and executing specific classifications
- Collaborate with and provide coverage to Marketing Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within a small, high energy team, and pivot when necessary.
- Good judgement, creativity, collaborative, and a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- Five or more years of experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn.
- Three or more years of experience in professional graphic design, preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic design, art, or related discipline
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software
- Videography experience and proficiency with video-editing software
Apply Link: https://gli.applicantpool.com/jobs/943621.html