Marketing and Business Development Internship
MedAssist, a full-service revenue cycle company, providing technology and solutions to healthcare providers (hospitals) nationwide, is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Intern.
10400 Linn Station Road, Suite 100, Louisville, KY 40223 with possibility to work some days remotely
Approximate Hours per Week:
16-22 hours per week. Flexible with schedule
Start and End Date: August-December, 2020
What You Will Learn:
• Organizational and career exposure: Build relationships with our Business Development team (Sales and Marketing) who will act as mentors and coaches.
• Hands-on experience working on a variety of special projects: time management, project management, marketing and business development
• Personal Development: Attend educational webinars and strengthen your personal branding. Learn how to work with a remote team by strengthening your project management and communication skills.
MedAssist is a full-service revenue cycle company, providing technology and solutions to healthcare providers (hospitals) nationwide. We act as a branch of the hospital by working alongside their staff, as well as providing off-site patient service representatives to hospital’s patients.
A positive attitude, creative mind, and the ability to work independently in an evolving setting are important to success in this internship. The Marketing and Business Development intern will work with internal and external resources to successfully execute on key marketing and sales activities. The individual will project manage several ongoing initiatives, provide as needed Power Point, proposal and graphic support to the sales team, and work hand-in-hand with the Business Development marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in a variety of special projects surrounding requests made by our nation-wide Business Development team such as webinar marketing, targeted email blasts, tradeshow logistics, etc.
• Marketing and Pre-Sales:
• Create marketing collateral for use in the field such as social media posts, print/digital collateral materials using Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.com.
• Assist in the creation and deployment our quarterly Voice of the Customer survey using Survey Monkey.
• Assist marketing team with creation of proposals, RFPs and presentations.
• Assist with social media calendar, content creation, deployment and marketing funnel efforts.
• Event Coordination:
• Assist Marketing Coordinator with logistics and marketing efforts surrounding regional tradeshows, client sponsorships and special events:
• Booth shipments
• Marketing materials
• Researching trending give away items and trade show buzz
• Assist with complete event cycle, from researching new opportunities with a good ROI, to marketing for that event, to assisting with presentations and content
• A valid ID is necessary
• A drug-screening may be requested prior to start date
• Must be able to travel to office as needed and occasional local events
• WIFI is required when working from home
• Suitable for Marketing, Business, and Journalism Majors with a concentration of course work in graphic design, advertising, tourism management, project management or business development.
• Junior and Seniors desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Sharing samples of your portfolio is plus
• Experience with social media platforms such as Hubspot is a plus
• Experience with an online website tool (such as Squarespace) is a plus
• Content writing is preferred. Sharing samples of your writing is plus.
• Social media management is a plus
Necessary soft skills:
• Relationship skills
• Project management/good time management skills
• Results oriented
• Cover Letter
• Samples of graphics/design work (optional)
• Samples of content writing (optional)
Email Resume: Jennifer.Cline@gomedassist.com