This position will assist in the planning, execution, production, and distribution of marketing, sales, advertising, public relations, and communications. The incumbent will work to help raise awareness about the Museum & and its program initiatives.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary of Position: Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, this full-time Marketing Coordinator position will assist in the planning, execution, production, and distribution of marketing, sales, advertising, public relations, and communications. The incumbent will work to help raise awareness about the Kentucky Derby Museum and its program initiatives, positively leverage its brand attributes and position the institution in the tourism circuit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as ambassador for the Kentucky Derby Museum
• Works closely to assist Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies that support the Museum’s mission and strategic platform and are designed to exceed attendance and revenue goals. Specific categories include, but are not limited to, public, group and education admissions, event rentals, Memberships, Gift Shop sales, and special events including the annual Gala and various other events.
• Assist in identifying various outlets, groups, stakeholders, etc. for strategic marketing efforts, including partnerships, promotional opportunities, outreach, joint ticket programs, etc. Research unique positioning opportunities for promotional and marketing presence. This position may require time dedicated to working an off-site marketing and promotional booth at various community events.
• Create, implement, and track discounts, promotions, and couponing; against an overall strategy.
• Track, measure, and report on marketing efforts in a timely and accurate fashion, and use findings as a way to enhance future efforts.
• Act a liaison with hotel staff and attractions to continue connecting and growing with hospitality industry.
• Assist in the scheduling, development, execution and delivery of signage, flyers, e-mail campaigns, advertising, digital promotion, etc. pertaining to exhibits, events, promotions, and more to ensure timely delivery.
• Assisting with Museum events, handling impromptu logistics and offering support to the Marketing & Communications team as well as the Special Events & Sales department.
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
• Prepare presentations.
• Stay current about the Kentucky Derby Museum and events and programs offered.
• Collaborate with internal departments to develop and disseminate surveys.
• Other duties as assigned based on needs of the department and Museum.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
• Mandatory work the week leading up to and the weekend of the Kentucky Derby.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• 2 or more years of experience preferred, but not required.
• Conceptual thinker who possesses a passion for marketing.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to focus, with a keen attention to detail.
• Possess solid presentation, listening, and communication skills.
• Able to work quickly, efficiently and independently.
• Self-driven, proactive, and team player attitude.
• Must be able to sufficiently pass a criminal background check.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
No phone calls, please.
The information contained in this job description is not exhaustive of all the duties and responsibilities of this job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. At the discretion of Museum management, duties and responsibilities may change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons at any time.
The Kentucky Derby Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org