StageOne Family Theatre, celebrating our 75th anniversary in the thriving Louisville arts community, seeks a Marketing Director responsible for identifying, setting and executing both programmatic and institutional marketing plans and meeting sales goals.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: MARKETING DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: PRODUCING ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
EFFECTIVE: OCTOBER 1, 2021
Description of Organization: StageOne Family Theatre, celebrating 75 years of story and impact in the Kentuckiana area, is the region’s leading Theatre for Young Audiences. Presenting programs for over 70,000 kids 18 months through 18 years old every year, StageOne is committed to creating accessible arts experiences. Each year, StageOne creates 4 mainstage productions, 10+ Storytellers performances, In-School residences across 30 school districts and year-round public theatre instruction. For more information, please visit www.stageone.org.
Accountability: The Marketing Director is accountable to the Producing Artistic Director for identifying, setting and executing both programmatic and institutional marketing plans and meeting sales goals in accordance with organizational priorities laid out by Producing Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
Role Within the Organization: The Marketing Director works with and stewards the resources of the Patron Services staff and StageOne staff, artists, volunteers and community partners to nurture the Mission and Core Values of the Organization.
Responsibilities: The Marketing Director oversees and facilitates the operation of the Marketing Department for StageOne Family Theatre and manages both financial and human resources by:
- Serving as the face of the theatre for all press, external relations and communication needs, promoting the visibility of StageOne as an integral part of the Louisville community
- Designing and maintaining annual marketing calendar and regularly reviewing with staff, with core values and organizational goals in mind
- Meeting financial goals and manage departmental budget
- Designing and directing the development of all digital and print advertising materials, invitations, and other collateral.
- Visioning, supporting and implementing patron services events to welcome Family Pass members, single ticket purchasers and others into the StageOne Family
- Develop and maintain media sponsorships and partnerships, coordinate and distribute press releases, organize public relations efforts and press/public appearances, arrange for press photos and create media packets and maintain an archive of press including preview articles, TV spots, reviews and features
- Working in collaboration with the Development staff to support StageOne Initiatives and Campaigns, including creation of necessary materials online and in print
- Working in collaboration with Programming Department to ensure creation of necessary materials online and in print for communicating in-school programming, school matinees, Drama Across the Curriculum, Storytellers and DramaWorks
- Managing brand consistency in marketing
- As scheduled with Patron Services Manager, serve as Front of House contact for some school and public performances
- Maintaining the website at www.stageone.org, including page updates, blog curation and publishing and editorial calendar
- Maintaining mail list and email subscriber list, including database cleaning and segmenting
- Maintaining and growing all social media channels
- Manage advertising across digital and print, including vendor relationships, design, budgeting and advertising calendar
- Attend rehearsals and performances and meet artists and staff to best understand the artistic choices behind the season and how to represent them meaningfully
- Learning and understanding Actors Equity and other union rules around media usage and partnering with the Production and Stage Management teams to ensure guidelines are met
- Being in respectful contact with artists involved in the process and identifying ways for their voices to be represented through the marketing, publicity and community engagement campaigns
- Maintaining a welcoming, respectful and fun environment
- May perform other roles within the organization as needed, with acknowledgement and prior planning surrounding the responsibilities listed above
- Experience with multiple computer systems including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.
- Ability to navigate and implement simultaneous priorities with empathetic collaboration
- The StageOne work week is 9am-5pm, M-F, some adjustment will be required from this role to work nights and weekends
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Positive outlook and growth mindset
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within the organization through consistent and ongoing training, conversation and daily practice
- Experience with an arts organization and/or other non-profits
- Experience with Wordpress or other web building or CMS tools
- Experience with mail systems like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
StageOne Family Theatre is committed to attracting, hiring and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of our community. The Theatre maintains that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship
Apply Link: https://stageone.org/get-involved/employment/