WHAS 11, a Louisville based TENGA station, is seeking a Marketing Director to develop multiplatform audience and revenue growth.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you a strategic marketing leader who can inspire creative excellence? Do you want to work among the best? If you want to work with forward-thinking leaders in the media industry who can offer significant growth opportunities and with people who have the imagination to think big and the guts to take risks, keep reading.
TEGNA is seeking candidates who want to apply every ounce of their leadership, creative, digital and strategic marketing skills to develop and execute brand-and-buzz-building, award-winning ideas across media (on-air, online, on social, tablet, mobile, experiential et al.) at a world-class level all in the interest of multiplatform audience and revenue growth. We’re seeking marketing directors who settle for nothing short of flawless execution, consistently ask “what if” and who aspire to deliver consumer and advertiser campaigns with unbridled potential for reach and impact.
Key components of this include:
- Pushing the boundaries of a station’s audience, revenue and brand potential by serving as a collaborative business partner to a station’s leadership team and playing a key role in the integrated marketing planning and budgeting process.
- Conceptualizing and engineering the creation of compelling, multiplatform, original station image, news and entertainment programming and commercial campaigns and when necessary, execute all visual elements personally. Based on sound strategy outlined in creative briefs, campaigns must clearly and creatively reach stated goals and reinforce the value of the station’s brand. Concepts must work in all media including TV, digital, social, mobile.
- Proactively creating opportunities for audiences to connect with our content by developing annual and quarterly strategic plans, prioritizing key marketing messages and generating breakthrough concepts and strategies.
- Developing and implementing audience development strategies by applying research insights, data and analytics to marketing activations, including but not limited to content partnerships, digital marketing efforts and more.
- Acting as a collaborative architect for all touchpoints between the station and its audiences. Living as the station’s “chief brand officer”, evangelizing the brand and championing all brand-related matters inside the organization.
- Being a big, bold thinker/innovator and at times, disruptor, for the station. Staying abreast of cutting edge tools, promotion trends and campaigns. Collaborating on a regular basis with station’s news director and general manager and as necessary, pushing the station into uncomfortable territory.
- Identifying and championing strategic, cross-department (such as news, social, corporate) and cross-business unit marketing tie-in efforts for maximum positive brand impact, marketplace visibility and revenue generation.
- Leading a team of creative personnel to perfection in terms of execution and directly supervising employees in the promotions department including but not limited to hiring great people, training, disciplining and appraising performance of employees.
- Supporting local sales teams in generating non-traditional revenue dollars.
- At least 8 years consumer advertising and promotion experience with promotion-specific record of success in the television/news industry, brand management, or marketing/digital/advertising agency. Experience creating and measuring integrated advertising campaigns supported by an outstanding creative ability and an exceptional portfolio (link to reel required).
- Firsthand, working knowledge of on-air and digital promotion production techniques, and familiarity with current production and photography trends.
- Experience translating broadcast designs and concepts to interactive digital and social media campaigns. Has a track record of successfully strengthening brands by applying tenets of branding, brand consistency and creative cohesion.
- Hands-on experience in marketing content on both linear and non-linear platforms, including utilizing and optimizing display marketing campaign; retargeting, social media, mobile marketing, etc.
- Experience with on-air planning and ability to manage and maximize station’s promotional inventory in order to drive viewership and other business goals.
- Proven track record of developing and producing revenue-driving client campaigns.
- Strong media planner and buyer who understands co-op spending and can build strong partnerships with network, syndication and other 3rd
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline oriented fast paced team environment and juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours to compete in breaking news situations.
- Excellent manager capable of managing up, down and across. Able to manage teams of both strategic and creative personnel.
- The ideal candidate is inherently creative and curious, living in a state of constant learning that can benefit the larger organization. They hold themselves to high professional standards, have a good sense of humor, check any ego at the door and can quickly earn the respect of their colleagues.
They are an effective communicator who is able to present and justify thoughts, ideas and decisions in a clear, concise, and appropriate manner. They have excellent verbal and written communication skills and know how to tailor all communications to the audience for which it is intended. Can organize and develop presentations that effectively sell a given strategy, tell a story and can persuasively sell-in ideas/media plans/budgets/strategies to all levels of station and corporate management, to advertisers and other stakeholders. They are able to effectively manage up, down and across forging strong relationships with a variety of colleagues.
The ideal candidate is insight-driven, able to work with local research teams, corporate research staff and 3rd party vendors to garner audience insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies. They are also a planner by nature, able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months ahead so as to bring organization, order and planning to the larger marketing team.
Ideal candidates also have a get-it-done attitude that persists regardless of obstacles and can foster collaboration and input from the team as a whole. They can easily manage the creative process and facilitate brainstorming remaining always open to the ideas of others with a sense of how any given project/potential idea may play out in the marketplace.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JJqxwVah