Media Planner / Buyer
The Media Planner / Buyer is responsible for their assigned clients’ media needs with supervision from the Media Manager. This team member is expected to show strategic thinking in getting a client’s message in front of the right target audience.
● Work with Media Manager, digital buyer, and account managers to set client budgets and plans.
● Plan, negotiate, and buy traditional media for assigned agency clients.
● Assist Media Manager in various client and agency media projects and research.
● Present plans and media opportunities to clients or the account team.
● Evaluate vendor proposals.
● Explore and evaluate opportunities and developments in the media world.
● Project and estimate audience ratings.
● Steward schedules for placement upgrades, pre-emptions, makegoods, traffic, and delivery updates.
● Reconcile vendor invoices, negotiating credits and makegoods when necessary.
● Produce and reconcile post-buy analysis for broadcast television; negotiating and monitoring make-up schedules and their no-charge invoices.
● Learn and explore continuously in all media areas, including digital tactics to expand personal and team skills.
● Maintain fair and honest relationships with our media partners.
● Bachelor’s degree with interest in marketing or media advertising a plus.
● 3 - 4 years of experience with media in an advertising agency or related company.
● Exhibit strategic thinking and understand media trends and strategy from a high-level approach.
● Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to making the team stronger.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong attention to detail and keen organizational skills.
● Cognizant of deadlines and efficient time management.
● Ability to multitask, prioritize, and seamlessly move from one project to another.
● Display interest and enthusiasm for the position, company, and industry.
● Proactive ownership of responsibilities.
● Motivated to learn and advance.
● Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Strata buying software.
● Entry-level digital media buying and strategy experience is a plus.
Email Resume: email@example.com