WHAS11 is looking for a meteorologist to prepare and deliver television and digital weather casts.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes weather data and presents a forecast for WHAS11 weather segments
- Makes weather forecasts - draws charts to be transferred into computer graphics form
- Gathers weather data, evaluates, and interprets it from weather sources
- Provides weather content to WHAS11.com and other digital platforms including forecasts, and blogs
- Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field; or experience as a Weather Anchor with Meteorological Society Seal of Approval
- Knowledge of meteorology and ability to produce forecasts independent of the National Weather Service
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a mid to major television market
- Must have experience in on-air broadcast delivery
- Must have the ability to forecast weather from news wires, maps and information available
- Ability to operate and program latest computerized weather graphics systems
- Ability to appear on-air with cogent, clear, concise, interesting weather segments
- Must be flexible and willing to work long and irregular hours
- Must have on-air weather casting communication abilities/personality
- Must be well versed in meteorology
- Ability to interact productively and positively with fellow employees
- Should be computer literate
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JbnGKmPg