WHAS11 is looking for a Multi-Skilled Journalist to create stories for all platforms through writing, photography and editing.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS11, the TEGNA station located in Louisville, KY, has an immediate opening for a Multi-Skilled Journalist. We're looking for a great storyteller to join a newsroom full of people who care about their work, their community, and their co-workers. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. A great candidate for this role is someone who loves shooting, writing and editing, taking a story from strong idea to final product on air and online. Fill-in anchoring skills a plus.
As Multi-Skilled Journalist you will:
- Write, shoot and edit content for on-air broadcasting, digital posting and social sharing
- Develop story sources and use social listening to bring unique, community-based pitches to editorial discussions
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic way
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (“user generated content”/UGC, virtual/zoom interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Deliver active, engaging live shots and standup
- Write for the web and social media platforms
Here’s what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of 2 years working in journalism preferred
- Bilingual (English- & Spanish-speaking) preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Knowledge of professional journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social presentation
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots, with strong on-air presence and delivery skills
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of ENPS (scripting) and Edius (editing) a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JQsoPTRi?jobdetails=true