WHAS, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a passionate Multi-skilled Journalist to join our award-winning team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONIt’s the city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon Trail, and March Madness. It’s also a big news city, with a strong culture of local journalism.
We want a smart, relentless news hound with a heart to tell On Your Side stories. We are looking for an aggressive journalist who wants to be the best storyteller, best live reporter, and provide the best social media and web content for the Louisville area.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and for WHAS11.com
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and area of expertise
- Pitch work-ahead stories and coordinate with a team to develop a plan for impact
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premier, Final Cut Pro and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- 1-3 years of experience MSJing
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or similar field a plus
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JFnnmYEk?jobdetails=true