WHAS, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a multi-skilled journalist to join our WHAS11 News Team. It’s the city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon trail, and often March Madness.
JOB DESCRIPTIONIt’s also a big news city, with a strong culture of local journalism.
We are looking for a journalist ready to tackle any story, develop and maintain critical sources and can handle breaking news.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news content for on-air broadcasting & digital platforms
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original, enterprise content through social listening and independent sources
- Deliver on-air news stories, under deadline, in an engaging, compelling, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Operate news-gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media, attaching images and streaming video
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics, viewer pictures, virtual interviews, etc. to enhance stories
- Present exciting live reports with current technology
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and digital content management systems
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting and storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JUoNqbma