APH, a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Multimedia Designer to support our Education and Outreach team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis detail-oriented graphic designer/videographer will have the ability to think creatively, create accessible and meaningful graphics, and handle video editing and production for our learning management system, The APH Hive, and our other e-learning platforms, with a goal of increasing awareness of our organization, its brand and mission in the field of blindness and vision impairment. The Multimedia Designer will also be responsible for producing various training videos.
This position reports to the Director of Creative Services, and will support our Outreach Services team.
This position will work remotely and onsite during COVID. The candidate is expected to work onsite in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination/production of a wide variety training and educational videos, as well as support for posting videos to YouTube playlists with proper caption and transcript files.
- Manage a weekly schedule provided by Outreach Services to ensure webinars are reviewed for editing which means removing unwanted footage, insert transitions for intro and outro, adding descriptions and proper titles in YouTube, and importing .srt or .vtt files. Videos should be posted within 24-48 hours.
- Ability to create thumbnails, digital banners, intro slides, and other digital assets for various media outlets using Adobe Illustrator, design full page ads using InDesign or use templates provided by other designers.
- Ability to edit pre-recorded content, convert/compress files, and post on various APH sites.
- Maintain proper organizational standards on APH YouTube playlists, and ensure videos follow company standards on accessibility and branding.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a DSLR camera for producing videos and taking photographs under our brand guidelines. Individual should be able to create a set for recording, and use various lighting equipment and backdrops. Prepare video snippets for website, possibly social media and other electronic formats when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, videography or a related field preferred.
3-5 years of experience in videography and/or photography.
- Knowledge of Adobe best-practices and prior experience in a graphic design environment.
- A high level of knowledge working with the Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience in Premiere should include the ability to edit and produce video from various digital sources.
- Understanding of captioning and creating accessible video files preferred.
- Strong project management experience and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and external constituents.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365.
Apply Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4f6dba69-fbac-41bc-b32c-9571e45ff7a4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=402596&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org